poorly! what could it be ?

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Ella's been sick alot recently, she was first sick on Friday morning, she was having her bottle in the car then brought it all back up. Friday night she wasnt herself atall and she had a high temperature which reached 38.4. She seemed fine saturday day, Tif was babysitting on saturday night and again she was sick after her bottle, and again on sunday morning, after her bottle. And again just this morning , after her bottle, except this morning it was curdled, looked just like scrambled egg! She has also had horrible diareoahh all weekend, which is an odd pale yellow colour, like Korma (sorry TMI)

Im trying to get a docs appointment for this evening, if it was a bug surely she's be over it now? Im starting to wonder if she is becoming dairy or lactose intolerant, as shes always sick after her bottle, I really hope not. Could it still be a bug thats just taking its time to go ?

If its a bug milk will be making it worse. Dairy products are the ultimate food for stomach viruses to feed on, and will be prolonging the bug.

My doctor always advises in the case of a stomach bug to feed only dry toast and water, as this is bland and will stop bub going hungry but will stave the bug, try this for 24 hours at least, pref untill she passes a solid stool, then try with milk again.

Hope she feels better soon.

brilliant thanks for that Cat, thats proababy the case and why she is bringing it back up. I have been giving her toast instead of weetabix, I will just give her water today and see how she is tommorow xxx

you could give her some Dioralite (hope you get what i mean i cant remenber the name of it exactly) to help keep her from dehydrating etc.

you could give her some Dioralite (hope you get what i mean i cant remenber the name of it exactly) to help keep her from dehydrating etc.

I think I'll go to boots and ask coz I am a bit worried about that, keep offering her water but so far today shes only had about half a small beaker. thanks hun xx

there is so much sickness going around right now :(

my kids have been ill and my friends kids have all been sick for the past week, I agree with AG, try to get some Dioralite (took AG spelling as i cant spell it either lol) that will rehydrate her untill she feels better, poor love :(

xx

If she was lactose you would know!! ... projectile vomit is an understatment!

Hope she feels better as maddie has been rough it comes in bouts!

xxx

Iv stopped giving her milk and so far no sickness or diareoahh so I think this has been the trigger, her stomach not agreeing with it. I got soem boots own rehydrating salts, shes not taken much of it but better than nothing, shes been drinking alot mare water today so she mist be feeling a bit dehydrated, I think shes getting better now, it'll be me next then lol

Glad their seems to be some improvement, if she has water avalialb eot her all day she shouldnt get dehydrated, Perhap skeep her on toast for today too and try with milk again tomorrow morning, and she should be through it.

spoke to soon she still has the diareoahh and its worse it is like water, she is now not wanting to take any fluids either, she has a drink there all day whenever she wants it but shes just not wanted it, she crys and pushes it away.

I rang NHS direct they said to give her ice cream or crushed ice and to take her the doctors so Im gonna take her tommroow morning, poor little thing she looks so pale and not herself atall

awww hun i hope she feels better soon, give us a text tomorrow and let us know what they say

How is she now Lauz? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->