Pop

Googiepie

Reaction score
I know caffeine is bad. I just can't help myself, I feel like I need a can each day. I don't drink coffee or tea. Anyone else?

Up to 200mg of caffeine is considered safe. Your average soda has around 40-50. Soda, however, is completely devoid of any vitamins or minerals and is full of sugar, so I would enjoy in moderation.

Yep, I love fizzy juice! As long as you keep it in moderation it's fine!

I find myself craving a pop, I just have my husband open one, I take 1 sip and tell him to drink it for me because I shouldn't be drinking it. A small sip every couple of days or 1x/wk should be just fine I think. Even a can a day is fine, but make sure you have a good diet outside of that one pop. I have friends who drank a cherry coke everyday and it make morning sickness go away for them. I think your body knows what it needs to just make sure pop is not a major part of your diet or liquid intake and you'll be fine!

I've been drinking fizzy flavoured water instead.

I've been drinking it as well, did so in my first pregnancy too and everything was just fine! :)

There's no reason at all not to have a can a day, if the rest of your diet is healthy and balanced. The average can of pop only has about 1/4 of the safe amount of caffeine.

Lemonade is one of the things that makes my ms go away!!

I'm going to try a bit of coke tonight to try and help me get my folic acid down because yesterday I just kept gagging it back up. I drank coke a few times a week in my first pregnancy.

Me too! Ginger ale and sprite are my saviours! I sip a little coke here and there as well :/ lol

I'm not much of a soda drinker, I only have it a couple times a month if that, but when I am pregnant, I ALWAYS crave pepsi! A soda a day won't hurt! maybe get the small cans even?

I drink a 12 ounce can of Coke every morning with breakfast. I'm never a big soda drinker--but in the first trimester, I craved it, as it calmed my upset stomach first thing in the morning. Now I think it is just a habit lol, but I never drink any throughout the day. A 12 ounce can of Coca-Cola only has 35 mg caffeine. So, like everyone has said--moderation and common sense are key. : ) Don't stress too much about it--if it sounds good to you, have one now and then!

I'm not a soda person but I honestly don't see an issue if it's drank in moderation. To help with my MS though I've been pouring sparkling water into a glass of orange juice and it feels just like an orange soda! I've drank maybe 2 cans of ginger ale since finding out that I'm pregnant and at one occasion I was sipping a diet 7up (not even a full can) to ease my MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"