• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

popsicles for a 4.5 month old?

Ashley2189

Mommy to a sweet toddler
Reaction score
My LO will be 5 months at the end of the month and I've been toying with the idea of giving her a popsicle made from breastmilk. Her gums are really bothering her and I wonder if the cold will help. She has an amber necklace and a sophie giraffe . She doesn't really like teething toys besides sophie. I want to avoid any sort of medicated ointment. Has anyone tried them with a very young baby? I would of course sit with her the entire time and hold it with her.

I havent tried that, but sounds like a good idea. I think putting it in a mesh bag made for babies so they dont choke would be a good idea. My sister put pedialyte popsicles in the bags for her daughter when she was a baby.
https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2

Thanks, I forgot all about those bags! Ill look into it.

As long as it's made with breastmilk I don't see why it would cause a problem! Sounds like a brilliant idea!

I tried this.... I gotta warn you it's a mess!

It melts so fast, you will need a very absorbent bib. I never did it again. haha

More ended up on her clothes than in her mouth.

i actually tried it a different way. instead of a popsicle, i just froze the milk in a container, then scraped it out and spoon-fed it to her. SHE LOVED IT! she's been showing a lot of interest in food, and the cold seemed to really soothe her gums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"