POS. OPK way after O?? Not sure what it means, if anything!

acscmommy

Reaction score
Hi! I am fairly new here, lurker really! Anyway I am sure I ovulated but not positive when, it was around dec 15-18. Anyway I found an extra OPK so naturally being the POAS addict that I am I used it, lol, and got a fairly dark test line, my positive tests are usually just a shade lighter than control, never darker, IDK, I read that happens to some women so I guess I am one. I took my last OPK before this on 12/22 and it was completely negative, one line. So when I POAS yesterday and got this I was confused. I am not sure why I would get a dark OPK this far after O, any thoughts or help is appreciated! Thanks in advance ladies!!!
Kayti
https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/shali2121/DSC00020.jpg

well, let me first say, thats a neg opk... and i know of two reasons for women to get pos opk's after ovulating... 1 pcos and 2 pregnancy....and if you are pregnant, that opk will get so dark its like sucking ink from the control line, i had them for almost a week before running out of tests and couldn't figure out what was going on and i was pregnant, but mine were much much darker than the pic you have there. so if you think you might be pregnant, go ahead and try and hpt, if its negative, just wait a week and try again. it took me until 23 dpo to get a positive...(i probably could've got it closer to 16 or 17 dpo but i waited to make sure it was accurate)....using opks to test for pregnancy really are not accurate although they can show lh in your system.

well, let me first say, thats a neg opk... and i know of two reasons for women to get pos opk's after ovulating... 1 pcos and 2 pregnancy....and if you are pregnant, that opk will get so dark its like sucking ink from the control line, i had them for almost a week before running out of tests and couldn't figure out what was going on and i was pregnant, but mine were much much darker than the pic you have there. so if you think you might be pregnant, go ahead and try and hpt, if its negative, just wait a week and try again. it took me until 23 dpo to get a positive...(i probably could've got it closer to 16 or 17 dpo but i waited to make sure it was accurate)....using opks to test for pregnancy really are not accurate although they can show lh in your system.

Hi! and thanks for your input, I appreciate it :)
But, just FYI that IS a pos. for me, the line just never hits as dark as the control line (nor does it look as dark in this pic, but this is what my pos. test at O looks like too), yet I know I O b/c I have EWCM, cramping and temp change to confirm it, plus 4 live births and 5 MC. Doc says not everyone will get the line exactly as dark or darker than the control, most do, but I guess some like me don't. I don't have PCOS and I don't honestly think I am pregnant, nor was I testing for pregnancy, I only used it, well because it was there!! I personally wasn't sure if I trusted OPK's vs my signs/BBT and I am thinking this confirms it for me that I don't trust them so much, not sure why I'd have an LH surge at this time, it seems odd too me, and I can't find much info about it online. I was kind of hoping someone else had experienced this and knew why, hmmm, guess I am just an odd duck! Thanks for your thoughts though, any and all are always appreciated.

Even without PCOS some woman carry a constant level of lh all the way through to their period. I asked my doctor. That why using in opk to test for hcg isn't so accurate and can be misleading.

Even without PCOS some woman carry a constant level of lh all the way through to their period. I asked my doctor. That why using in opk to test for hcg isn't so accurate and can be misleading.

I think I must have been misleading somehow, I wasn't testing for hCG....also I don't have LH all the time I had a blank white on 12/22 (and I get blank white before and after O as well), so I do believe that more than likely the OPK was a dud-teach me not to POAS unless it's time to!! I do not think I am pregnant, as a matter of fact I can say I am 99% sure I am NOT pregnant, lol! I was just curious to see if this was common, if other people experienced it or what not. I did ask on my regular board and another girl had the same thing happen today but she thinks she might be pregnant (YAY!). Ah well, guess this is a good one to ask the doc next month! Thanks for the reply!

If there is the slightest chance your pregnant (even only 1%) are you not tempted to use a hpt?

I agree with berniep, have you at least made sure by testing with an hpt?? Just curious.

Hi! I am fairly new here, lurker really! Anyway I am sure I ovulated but not positive when, it was around dec 15-18. Anyway I found an extra OPK so naturally being the POAS addict that I am I used it, lol, and got a fairly dark test line, my positive tests are usually just a shade lighter than control, never darker, IDK, I read that happens to some women so I guess I am one. I took my last OPK before this on 12/22 and it was completely negative, one line. So when I POAS yesterday and got this I was confused. I am not sure why I would get a dark OPK this far after O, any thoughts or help is appreciated! Thanks in advance ladies!!!
Kayti
https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/shali2121/DSC00020.jpg

Hi there,

I have actually had a pos OPK around 8 dpo. It was really weird. It actually happened this month. I should have OV'd around the 18th-22nd, but on the 26th I got the pos, and we started BD,ing again like crazy. I dont know what all that means. I am not due for AF until Jan. 7th. So I guess that I just wait and see.

Sorry about the long winded answer, but yes it has happened to me, but I just dont know what it means.

Have a Happy New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->