Positive…then negative…I am so confused!!

Linzz30

Reaction score
I took a Lloyds own brand test 2 days ago on which a faint, but definite line appeared after about 5 mins. I got excited and took some others - clear blue, etc, but they were all negative.

Yesterday I took another Lloyds own brand at the same time (4pm). It also said positive. I read the small print and it said to discount anything after the 5 minute mark. I was so upset because in my eyes there was a red line just after 5 mins. Tried another test and negative. This is where I get crazy…last night I got my husband to take the other Lloyds one (!!) because I wanted to see if it was an evaporation mark on the test that was coming up. The photo of the two tests next to each other shows that I have a red line and my husband's doesn't. Does this mean def positive?! Also, I think the line might be slightly stronger in the 2nd pic? I also took a first response test and a faint red line came up (3rd pic) after around an hour. I don't know if this means anything.

Have tried a couple more today and all negative :( Have not done the Lloyds one again.

I know that I just need to be patient, probably have tested too early. Period not due until Sunday or Monday. I've felt really sick today but not sure if it's just nerves or a tummy bug.

Any help very much appreciated!!! Sorry if this was a bit of a rant.

xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 99
It looks like your FRER also has a line as well....it looks like a bfp to me. I would wait until closer to your period to test again and if it still shows negative and you havent gotten AF yet I'd go to the doctor to find out whats going on.

Hope I'm not throwing a giant spanner in the works here... But on the frer isn't that the test line that's really dark? With a very faint control line? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I've been staring at it completely puzzled for ages and couldn't r&r lol x

I agree. Isn't the line on the frer the test line anyway? With a faint control line? X

Was just looking at that myself test line is a lovely bold line and hardly anything on the control will be stalking this one good luck . Xx

I think the frer looks like it was assembled upside dow, lol. As all them. Its strange that only part of the lines show..not the entire lines and then on others, nothing. I would keep testing to see if you get a whole entire line and that it gets darker

it is the test line thats dark on the frer. take another frer and see what the results are. looks like you have a bfp

Yes, that is a rather dark test line. Do another frer

I would take another frer hun. Good luck!

Linzz I think you have your :bfp:. My line was strong (on left) and my test line was very light. Congrats if it's right!!

Attachments

• #2 3.19.15.jpg
    #2 3.19.15.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150319_165912_425.jpg
    IMG_20150319_165912_425.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 23
Yep, either that FRER has been opened up, then put back together the wrong way, or you are very much pregnant.

oh yea strange one , maybe your 3 weeks + like the other lady who had a dark 1st line and her digi said 3+ , maybe he further along u r you get a weak test line and a stronger result line. good luck xx

Thanks so much everyone! Feel like I'm knee deep in tests. Going to try very hard not to do another one until Monday. See how that goes lol. I definitely feel pregnant - was up at Asda earlier (buying tests- lol!!) hadn't eaten anything for a couple of hours and was feeling really dizzy. Aaaahhh just want to know!! Xxx

Ummm Linzz30... you are VERY pregnant. LOL. That is definitely the test line. You don't have to wonder, there is no way you are not pregnant. Take a digi if you're really feeling like there's something off about the tests though.

I took the other FRER this morning and negative (so much for holding out until Monday!!) Just had a look at the packet and I'd picked up the wrong one, not the early response one!! Argh! What a muppet. I definitely feel pregnant this morning. So tired and feeling sick. Why am I so impatient!!!! Would the early response one work if I did it later in the day? I'm new to all this testing stuff - My son was a wee surprise so I was about 3 weeks late before I noticed anything!! Xxx

Bless you. Do a 3-4hr urine hold then try a early response test. Good luck hun hope you get a bfp!!

Can you post a pic of the last test you took?

Ooh stalking to see the outcome! Yes that defo looks like a very dark test line ive never seen one so dark before! Bizarre xxx

Yes post pic! That one you posted yesterday did NOT look negative!

So upset and sorry for putting a downer on everyone!

Just got my period :( At the back of my mind hoping it's implantation bleeding but I don't think it is.

I guess it must have been a chemical pregnancy or something.

Thanks for all the support girls! Really appreciate it. Hopefully see some of you again soon!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->