Positive for Chlamydia????

I'm so sorry you're going through this, how horrid to have this situation come up after 3 years of IVF while pregnant. The fact they re-used the same swab leads me to believe it could be a false positive! I would work along the lines of innocent until proven guilty. See what both your re-swabs say, and if they come back positive then you can address the situation and try to seek expert advice to confirm if there is any possibility it wouldn't have been picked up previously xx

:hugs: what a horrible situation, I really hope it was a false result. Xxx

What an awful situation you've been put in, I'm so sorry :hugs:

Oh no, how stressful. It's mad they used the sane swab. Don't they say that a sign of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over but expecting different results.
Hope this next one comes back clear :)

my husband went today, they said no results for 7-10 business days. Ridiculous!!

Sorry you are going through this! Are they testing your husband? If his is clear then you can be 100% that yours were false positives because there's no other way you could possibly be infected. If they have said they suspect it's a false positive then I really wouldn't lose sleep :hugs: x

Hi there,

Hope everything gets cleared up soon.

Dear OP may I suggest that you look over the history of your relationship with your husband. If you have gone through 3 years of IVF you must have something very solid to have built it on.

Don't let this tear your relationship apart. You are now emotional (understandable), nervous and frustrated. Please don't doubt a decision you made years ago in a more level headed frame of mind when you decided to marry him.

I doubt your husband cheated on you whatever the test shows. Don't let insecurities take hold and tell you otherwise.

Best of luck and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Sorry your going through this stress :( I really hope this is a mix up and you can get backing enjoying your pregnancy x

I saw your post and I just had to stop by and say something. My mom tested positive when she was in her 20s. My dad was clear and my mom has had no other partners. My parents have been together 32 years and have never been unfaithful. My moms doctor advised that she had in some cases seen people who had never been sexually active get this disease via indirect contact (toilet seats etc). While this isn't normally the case and is very rare of course I just wanted to say diseases like this can weird and unfortunately there is no way to know how one gets it sometimes. I say trust your gut not just the diagnosis. If you had a strong relationship with your husband prior to this and there were no signs to suggest relationship troubles I'd take the test in stride get treated and just take it one day at a time.

I hope it all goes well for you with the family this weekend.

I saw your post and I just had to stop by and say something. My mom tested positive when she was in her 20s. My dad was clear and my mom has had no other partners. My parents have been together 32 years and have never been unfaithful. My moms doctor advised that she had in some cases seen people who had never been sexually active get this disease via indirect contact (toilet seats etc). While this isn't normally the case and is very rare of course I just wanted to say diseases like this can weird and unfortunately there is no way to know how one gets it sometimes. I say trust your gut not just the diagnosis. If you had a strong relationship with your husband prior to this and there were no signs to suggest relationship troubles I'd take the test in stride get treated and just take it one day at a time.

I hope it all goes well for you with the family this weekend.

What pp said was what I was thinking while it is rare someone I know got gonorrhea from a bathroom door handle. So really it could be anything.

I go today for my re-swab and then we just continue to wait. Thanks for the posts of support and positive outlooks. I really need them and appreciate them. I will keep you all posted on the upcoming results for both myself and my husband.

Thinking of both you and your husband. I can't imagine how hard this has been on the both of you. :hugs:

So went to be re-swabbed and the doctor told me that myself or my husband could have had this for years and not known. We could have had it before we even married and started fertility treatments 3 years ago. She said since it is so common and relatively few have symptoms it could go unnoticed for years. I said,"well if I had it that long wouldnt it have turned into PID?" She so no, not necessarily for some women it does for others it never turns to PID and that it varies so greatly from woman to woman there is no way of really knowing since I have never been tested for it until now. She further stated that the tests are not a "full proof" diagnostic tool and that they state so on the bottom of the form that the results come back on. She said i should have my results by Weds. If it is negative, then the medication they prescribed me did its job, and if it is positive still then the test is simply unreliable and I am testing false positives.

Ok. My results from my re-test came back negative on Friday and my hubby's results came back today. both are negative!! Thanks for the unnecessary drama doctors office and lab! So glad that is over!

Ok. My results from my re-test came back negative on Friday and my hubby's results came back today. both are negative!! Thanks for the unnecessary drama doctors office and lab! So glad that is over!

That must be a gigantic relief. Bet it is a huge weight off your shoulders

Thank goodness! Happy you can put this behind you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->