Positive FRER two days in a row, now negative digital?

missielibra

Reaction score
I got my BFP at 3 weeks and 4 days? So sunday. It was light, but it was there. (I can go find the photos in my other threads if need be!)

I took a digital clearblue this morning, I'm CD 29 of a 28 days cycle. And it was flashing back at me, not pregnant...

I would really love it if someone could tell me it has happened to them before with the digital? Because I have been bawling my eyes out...

Digis take more time to register as positive than the line tests only because the amount of hcg they detect is higher. Try retaking it again in another day or so. If it is still showing not pregnant, you may need to go to the doctors for betas, but I'm assuming that there just isn't enough hcg to register yet so I will say congrats :)

Thank you!
I am really worried, because I think I heard my levels are supposed to double every like day? But I don't know if that's from like conception, from 4 weeks... so I feel like I should have had high enough levels by now...

Have you taken just a regular FRER by now? And any bloodwork? Praying for you❤️

Have you taken just a regular FRER by now? And any bloodwork? Praying for you❤️

I took a FRER saturday and Sunday. Both positive. The clearblue digital was negatif this morning

No bloodwork. Need a doc referral for that and i won't see her until week 10... if I get to week 10... unless I pay for a private clinic. I was thinking to maybe give it the weekend and see... still no AF. Expected period would be today

This happened to me with my second baby. Frers, cheapies, every test was positive so I got a digi and it and it said not pregnant. It really threw me off but I did my research and read the same as the above about them not being as sensitive. I tried again a week later and It said pregnant.

I really wouldn’t worry about it :hugs:

This happened to me with my second baby. Frers, cheapies, every test was positive so I got a digi and it and it said not pregnant. It really threw me off but I did my research and read the same as the above about them not being as sensitive. I tried again a week later and It said pregnant.

Gah! You make me feel a million times better! Thank you!
But had you tried the digital before your expected AF or on/after? If i had taken it early it wouldn't throw me off as much but I expected levels to be high enough on expected AF day to get a positif!

Have you taken another regular test or FRER since last weekend? I would use that as your guide as its been several days, those should be a lot darker by now. That should help you to feel better.

Gah! You make me feel a million times better! Thank you!
But had you tried the digital before your expected AF or on/after? If i had taken it early it wouldn't throw me off as much but I expected levels to be high enough on expected AF day to get a positif!

Mine was a few days after AF was due. I just kept doing cheapies, then the day AF was due I used a frer. I didn’t want to spend the money on a digi at first but I eventually gave in as I wanted to see the words, but I know it was after af date had passed. But it didn’t give me the words! :dohh: try again in a few days and you’ll be fine. Try not to worry too much before then xx

HCG only doubles from implantation onwards, and it takes longer to show up in urine than in blood. FRER's measure a level of (I believe) as low as 6.5, and Clearblue Digital is 25. So you could get a positive FRER 4 days before a positive digi, and sometimes it just takes longer.

If you're really worried do another FRER and see what the progression looks like. Your tests in your gallery were still quite light which makes me think you might be earlier on than you think, which would explain the negative digi. :)

And I'm positively bleeding after a cycle of 29 days.
Chemical? Or just...faint weird positive?

I don't know...
I know I want to hide for a year! Haha..

So sorry to hear this :( With the faint positives it was either a chemical or you got a weird batch of FRER's. I'd still see the doctor if you can to make sure either way, they can give you a blood test. It's possible everything is still fine as some people still bleed during their pregnancies - but even if it's not you have lots of support here, and since I believe you said this was your first month TTC you know you're both very fertile.

Lots of hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->