Positive HPT 6 weeks after MC.. New pregnancy or HCG from MC?

CountryMomma

Momma of 3, pregnant with number 4
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but I am concerned. I had a MC at 6 weeks almost exactly 6 weeks ago. I was rummaging through my cupboard tonight and I saw I had an unused HPT so I thought what the hell and took it fully expecting it to be negative by now. Well unexpectedly it came up positive and rather quickly and it is a very obvious positive, not a squinter at all. Looks like mine did at around 13DPO with my MC. Is it possible this is still HCG left over or could it be a new pregnancy? I am going to call my dr in the morning just to make sure everything is ok but I was wondering if any of the ladies who have had losses could shed some light on the situation of how long a test will stay obviously positive after a MC.. not sure weather to be scared or excited again!

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm sorry for your loss.

Have you had a period after the miscarriage? If you have, I'd say it's possible you're pregnant again. I tested positive for 4-5 weeks after my miscarriage. Once I had a regular period, the test was no longer positive.

It's always best to talk to your health care provider. I'm glad you're calling to check with them.

Good luck :)

Thank you. I don't think I have had a period yet, I bled for over 3 weeks after the miscarriage so I am not sure if my AF was part of that or not. I never tested after the miscarriage until now so I don't know if it is getting lighter or darker. It just seems awful dark for 6 weeks after.

I had a miscarriage at almost 6 weeks, started spotting about 10 days ago. I have spotted bleeding and my tests are already negative...

My guess is a new pregnancy x

I had a miscarriage at almost 6 weeks, started spotting about 10 days ago. I have spotted bleeding and my tests are already negative...

My guess is a new pregnancy x

Wow, ok. Thank you for the info.. I hadn't been able to find anyone who had MC around the same time as me to compare timelines with of when tests went negative so that was really helpful.. it seemed like a really strong positive for so long after as well.. I just wish I knew when I may have conceived! I have no idea.. I must have ovulated rather soon after the MC. I am going to test again and see if it gets darker and then call my DR and see what she wants to do.

Keep us updated.

We are ttc straight away too and hopefully get a Bfp as quick as it seems you have xxx

Keep us updated.

We are ttc straight away too and hopefully get a Bfp as quick as it seems you have xxx

Good luck, I hope it happens for you. I will for sure keep you updated! I am so nervous!

When are you next testing

I will probably test again tonight. Ill give it 24 hours, if no change I'll test again tomorrow. The one I took yesterday was at night with no hold so I am thinking if I hold it a bit it should be darker if it is really a new pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage in the middle of March and tested positive for 4 weeks up until I got my period. the day before I had a period I tested positive very slight and then after period it was negative. I think it depands how far along you were and how many hormones where in you but it's possible you are pregnant again. Only blood work and sonogram can tell good luck :)

Evening ladies, thanks for all the kind words about the surgery. I took another test tonight and it may be a smidge darker than last night. But I can't really tell. I put it next to the one from last night and its hard to tell because the one from last night is dry. I know these tests don't show progression well because they take a while to darken.. hmm.. I now I am wondering if maybe I have retained something. The line is a bit darker IRL than in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks mommy, here is FMU. I think it looks a little darker again but I can't really tell.. this is frustrating.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
Here is tonight's. I tested again because I started bleeding a little.. looks darker still than even this mornings.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
My loss was at 7 weeks with high hcg from twins. About 70k. Took 26 days for my dollar tree to be negative, for my next cycle a couple weeks after. So to have that strong of a line 6 weeks after I really think it's a new pregnancy. Fxed for your sticky bean

Hey Dobby.. I am now 42 days or exactly 6 weeks post MC. My HCG was only about 1920 or so at 5 weeks and then I MC naturally at right about 6 weeks so doubling normally it would have been a little less than 30000. If yours at 70K only took 26 days your right I can't imagine I would still have HCG left at this point especially not enough to make it that dark. I've started bleeding a little bit so we will see.. there is a possibility that I had some retained material from the MC but that wouldn't make the test get progressively darker. Hoping to get an appointment with OB on Tuesday.

Would you be able to get a beta? Sorry if someone asked. I really do think new pregnancy that line is just too gorgeously dark

That's what I am hoping to get either monday or tuesday. I would have them do a serial beta to see if they are increasing or staying the same. It really surprised me how dark it was when I took the first one.. I never expected to see any line at all and then that popped up I almost had a heart attack. Here is a pic of all the tests I have taken from two days ago until this evening. There is def some progression, slow but noticeable. They all faded a bit after drying.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 21
It's definitely getting darker fingers crossed for you

This is a new pregnancy in sure xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members