• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Positive induction stories please!

tuppance

Reaction score
Hello,

So I was just wondering if any of you had any positive induction stories which you could share?

Also, how long were you on hospital for?

Thank you!

i havent been induced yet... but daint wanna read and run, im hoping people have answers to this as i have to be induced in 3 weeks

My due date was May 31st. My Dr. was recommending induction at 41 weeks. I went in for an routine appointment the day before 41 weeks. My Dr. was going to allow me to go later to avoid induction as long as tests came out ok. She did a non stress test and there was no issue. However, she tested my fluid levels and they were nearing an extreme low. Because of this she asked that I go to the hospital that evening and induce. I was quite upset and frightened. We go there around 6:30 and they explained that they were going to use cervadil (sp?) to help ripen my cervix. They inserted this at 7:30 pm explaining it needed to stay in for 12 hours. Throughout the night I started having mild contractions that I was told were equivalent to what early labor might feel like at home. At 7:30 am, the cervadil was taken out and I was told to shower and eat breakfast. I took a shower and was put back on the monitor and my contractions, though mild, started coming 1-2 minutes apart. Because of this, I was not allowed to eat breakfast, but was also not started on pitocin either. The cervadil put my body into natural labor. I was only dialted to 1-2 centimeters, so I decided to pace. I walked the room for a couple of hours and was hoping the contractions would continue to start on their own and stay frequent. Around 11:00, they broke my water, checked me and I was 5 centimeters dilated! I was elated and asked if I could get an epidural because I was afraid the contractions would start getting stornger. Got the epidural and was feeling really great. I ended up being between 5-6 centimeters for 7 more hours during which they were slowing upping pitocin to try to strengthen contractions. My baby's head was slightly away from the cervix and the contractions were not strong enough to move him into the right place. Finally around 8 or so, I felt pressure and was checked. I was then fully dilated and ready to push. I started pushing around 8:15 and delivered at 9:08. I did tear and require an episiotomy, but it was because my baby's head was big and he weighed 8 lbs 2 oz. I delivered Tuesday evening and am home now with my baby on Thursday afternoon. I was so relieved that my induction was as easy as it was. I hope this helps!

I was induced at 40+1. I wouldn't say it was all positive but then again it was my first and don't really know what I was expecting to be honest. I was in labour 4 hours 33 minutes, she was born at 10:33pm and we left the hospital at 12 noon the next day, would have been sooner only I needed to wait for some blood test results x

I'm currently in the process of induction and all I can say is...its long! 2 days, contractions totally dropped off and still no baby :( Hospital
are great though

My induction was great. They were never sure of my due date and from the dates the dr gave me I was induced at 37 weeks 5 days. I was in and out of the hospital every other day in labor. Then it would stop. I was in a wheelchair at the time and couldn't keep it going and didn't have gravity on my side. I was told almost a MONTH before induction that I could go anytime, I was dialated to a 1 for about a week and then a 3 for 3 weeks and finally, with all the pain and going in and out of labor, they induced. I went in at 7 am, was put on pitocin at 8am and laid there until 8pm with nothing happening. The second the nurses switched shifts, MY WATER BROKE..... I started horrible contractions but my cervex wasn't doing anything due to the pain and I coudlnt' control it..... I was offered either a epi or they would be giving me a c-section within an hour... .STUPID, I never wanted an epi....so anyways, got that slept from 1030 til 1145, started pushing at 12 and he was here at 1257. I was in the hospital for 2 days because he wouldn't eat..... NOT THAT THEY HELPED ME...this hospital was a joke, I live in a tiny town and am going to to a different one this time. ANYWAY...I also know 2 friends who were induced 2 times....didn't work both times for either, one went natural the day before her 3rd induction and the other had a c-section!!! Good luck to you, everyone is different!! :)

I was induced at 40+1. I wouldn't say it was all positive but then again it was my first and don't really know what I was expecting to be honest. I was in labour 4 hours 33 minutes, she was born at 10:33pm and we left the hospital at 12 noon the next day, would have been sooner only I needed to wait for some blood test results x

wow so quick!

Bumping this up! I'm being induced in 3 days with cervidil first, and if that doesn't work, pitocin. I would love to read some more stories! Anyone?

I'm stalking it too, I've just been told today by my midwife that I'll prob need prostoglandins on Wednesday, as she done my second sweep today. :cry: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"