positive opk at 9po?? WTH?

tashalouiseb

Reaction score
I am 9 dpo.. I did an opk today with fmu and it was positive. The htp was negative. With my last pregnancy I got a +opk before hpt,what are the chances of it happening again? The opk i did yesterday was half as dark as today's! What does everyone think? AF or BFP to come? Xx :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_00000830_edit.jpg
    IMG_00000830_edit.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
I did a suresign today and was bfn :( going to wait a few days and see if af arrives! Just wanted to know if anyone else got +opk before it showed on a hpt! X

Just done another.. positive? Will try another opk and hpt in the morning! confusing!

Attachments

• IMG_00000849.jpg
    IMG_00000849.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 8
That's a pos- I have gotten +opk before showing up on hpt- OMG- in my thread I totally misread you- your 9 DPO not CD 9. Im sorry ( i just ate our thanksgiving lunch at work and im ready to crawl under my desk and take a nap- my mind is focuesd on sleep. ) anywho - YES!!! OMG!! If its pos like that - I would say chances are pretty high for a BFP- On my post you saw mine didn't get pos like that.. at all. :D

Dont forget we have LH in our systems all the time hun. do a pregnancy test in a couple days though i really hope its your bfp !

I am not very positive as the hpt I did today was negative :( but we will see...

youre only 9dpo!!! i got a vvvvv faint at 10dpo but tested postitive at 12dpo with my daughter. xx

Yes but if the opks are turning pos because of pregnancy then wouldn't a hpt also be positive by now?? X

nope cos opks only detect the lutenising hormone, not hcg. hpts only pick up hcg not LH : xx

So does that mean an opk could pick up pregnancy before a hpt? In my last pregnancy I got an + opk before hpt but that's only becuase I did an opk before the hpt, I waited a few days after +opk to do a hpt so i dont know if i would have got a bfp same day as the opk! Lol.. I hate not knowing! Also getting cramps tonight :( hope it's not AF!

Technically speaking I know a lot of women who have gotten positive opks and went on to get their BFP, but in no way should you assume that just because you got a positive opk that you are pregnant. 9 DPO seems early to test so I would wait a couple days and retest. It's honestly best to avoid using opks as hpts, sometimes a positive opk can get your hopes up only to eventually get a bfn so as tempting as it is I try to avoid doing it. FX for a BFP for you.

I'm not getting my hopes up at the moment as i know it could go either way. Just curious as to why I'm getting pos opks 5 days before af is due!!? Last time I did this I was pg but maybe different this time..x

Today's opk with fmu?? I have no hpts until I go out :( !But what does everyone think? Pos again??

Attachments

• IMG_00000855.jpg
    IMG_00000855.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 7
thats FMU? honestly it looks pos- but the Control line is just a tad bit darker- but not by much- put it this way - if you where testing for LH- I would say BD. If it were me- I would BD. Usually even with AF arriving it wont be pos it would negative like how mine were. So this is a little stran-ge' to say the least ...

Did you also rule out the possibility of late Ov? Its just so dark though that's what gets me...

Just goes to show opks detect pregnancy before hpt! GL to all. Hope u get your bfps soon!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->