positive opk but on provera? what is going on?

no_regrets_91

LTTTC 10 YEARS
Reaction score
I am on day 7 of 10 of provera and just got all my opks and hpts in the mail today so i decided to take an opk and it was clearly positive? I don't get it. Did I ovulate? is the medicine effecting the test. I looked it up and no where could i find provera affecting the test. I haven't had a period for over a year and i havn't been ovulating during that time either.
This is my first cycle charting and the day before I started provera I had a huge temp dip then it went up. it was up for 2 days then I didn't chart for 2 days and now the temp is still elevated.

Please help me understand what is going on I am so confused!

I would take a pg test.

But if you have PCOS it's normal to always get positive OPKs. In that case they do become useless though Im afraid!

Provera can't affect either opk or HPT because it's just progesterone - it doesn't contain LH or HCG.

I would take a pg test.

But if you have PCOS it's normal to always get positive OPKs. In that case they do become useless though Im afraid!

Provera can't affect either opk or HPT because it's just progesterone - it doesn't contain LH or HCG.

thank you for the information
but i did take an hpt before the opk because i grabbed the wrong package and it was negative (story of my life). i am just curious as to what is going on because I have never ever had any sort of line on an opk.

and that is another thing I am curious about the doc says that i have cysts so she said i have pcos even tho blood test came back normal except for slightly elevated thyroid so she redid the thyroid test and my tsh is at 4.5 so she said i have subclinical hypothyroid and that is the cause of all my fertility problems. so does this mean i don't have pcos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->