Positive OPK came and went? Help please

mrsmay0917

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting after lurking on here for a couple months. I have a question about OPK test strips. This is my second month TTC and using OPKS... I got a positive OPK (or so I think) yesterday on CD18 at 8AM, then I tested again that night at 5PM expecting it to be another positive and it was negative!? I don't understand. Could my surge have been that short. I did test the day before the positive and also got a negative.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean I can still be ovulating? And do you think this test strip is positive? (see attachment) Oh, we also did BD the night of my positive OPK and plan to again for next couple days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
Did you use first morning urine for the 8AM test? With these sensitive ones, you shouldn't really be using them with FMU, as there's a higher chance of getting a false positive.

It's also possible that you had your surge just after you tested on CD17 and that you picked some of that up in the morning of CD18.

Do you take your BBT? If you really want to confirm you ovulated, that's the way to go.

I also test around 2pm. Was it the right day for you to ovulate? Last cycle I got a positive on CD14 but because I have 31-35 day periods my tracker wasn't predicting it in till CD 19...

CD15 was negative so I kept testing and CD19 and CD20 were both positive again. I think sometimes we have flucuations.

It could've been a short surge. Some have surges so short that they don't even catch the surge, and so never get a positive opk. Also, it's possible to get a positive opk, gearing up to ovulate and then not actually ovulate. You definitely could've surged the day before, but after you last tested, catching the last bit of your surge. Since it was smu, I think that'd be less likely to give a false positive (anecdotally, I've never had a false positive with fmu - if I had a positive that early in the morning, whether fmu or not, it was definitely positive). I seemed to get my positive opks later in the evening, so if I didn't test in the evening, I would've had a positive in the morning (though my surges lasted a bit longer). So if you got your surge late at night after you last tested, it's very possible to have a true positive smu, and then a negative by evening.

Do you temp? Temping is really the only way to see if you ovulated, so in most cases you can't really only go by opks because of the possibility of gearing up, but then not.

Where are you at in your cycle? Do you have an idea of what day you typically ovulate around? It might be worth continuing to test to be safe, but I think it's really dependent on how much you know about your cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->