Positive OPK - CD 12? Might that be too early to ovulate?

LittleBunnie

Trying for #1
Reaction score
So, alas. I got a positive OPK on CD 12. (I usually have 28-32 day cycles with a 14 day LP, in these past 2 years I have never had a positive this early.) I was wondering if that might be a cause for concern? I hope I'm not coming off like a hypochondriac, I've just never seen this happen in my cycles before. :haha:

I have also been taking a few supplements, I wonder if that might have messed with my cycle? I took Soy Isoflavens (CD 3-7), royal jelly, baby aspirin, vitamin D, and I took guaifenesin from CD 9 - 12, thinking I'd be taking it to CD 14/16.

We BD'd CD 9/12/13/14. I wonder if we might have missed our window, also has anyone else had a flux like this in their cycle? I'd love some input. Thank ladies!

If you got the positive on CD 12, you wouldn't O til CD 13 or 14 probably, which is pretty textbook perfect! Sounds like your BD timing is good as well! Good luck!

Thank you so much! <3 I was a bit worried we might not have caught the egg, I can't remember who told me, but I was told that it takes sperm a week to reach the egg. :wacko:

I think it takes a few hours for the swimmers to make their journey. They can live inside for up to a week, though! Your best chance to catch the egg is the few days before O and of O, so looks like you've got that covered!

The timing sounds perfect!

I clicked on your thread because I got a positive or very nearly positive opk today on cd10 when I didn't get one until cd23 last month! But I started taking vitex and b vitamins so that may have done it.

For you I would say it was the Soy Isoflavens. I have heard of that drastically altering cycles in other threads on here.
Good luck!

Omgosh, thanks so much for clearing that up, hun. I always thought it was a week. :dohh: Haha.

Mint, I remember when I took this supplement called ' Fertility Blend ' which had vitex in it, it did move my cycle to 27 days each time. (+ OPK late CD 13, early CD 14). When I used to O around CD 16-17 (three years back). Crazy! I really hope you caught your eggie!

You're welcome, hon! I hope an earlier O this cycle turns out to be a great thing for you and you get your BFP!

soy can cause you to either O late or early depends on the person but I took it as well this cycle and it helped me ewcm for the first time

Awesome Hunni! <3 I never have much EWCM either. *sigh* I think it's because of my lack of water consumption. Lol. I changed that a few months back though. I started drinking 750ml x2 a day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->