Positive opk cd22 ?!

bumphope

Reaction score
So I'm on cd22 today of what is usually a 31-33 day cycle. I have been using opks for the first time this month, doing one every day since my af ended on day 5.

I honestly thought I would be one of the people who wouldn't get a proper positive (not sure why), and I had a half wide almost-as-dark as the control line test on cd10 and cd11... I thought that was early but it was only a day before fertility friend put my predicted ovulation day so I went with it.

I kept testing as I wanted to see what happened, then on cd19 I got a slightly darker opk so thought that must have been my ovulation, as its more like the middle of my cycle. Next day, back to a very pale almost invisible test line.

Anyway. Tonight I have got a real proper positive test. I am verybexcited about this. I've even noticed a bit of ewcm the last couple of days (thought it was connected to the cd19 opk)......

But is this not really really late? Does this not mean I have a really short luteal phase? Does this mean I might have problems conceiving?

Sorry for the essay! Really appreciate your thoughts!

X

So I'm on cd22 today of what is usually a 31-33 day cycle. I have been using opks for the first time this month, doing one every day since my af ended on day 5.

I honestly thought I would be one of the people who wouldn't get a proper positive (not sure why), and I had a half wide almost-as-dark as the control line test on cd10 and cd11... I thought that was early but it was only a day before fertility friend put my predicted ovulation day so I went with it.

I kept testing as I wanted to see what happened, then on cd19 I got a slightly darker opk so thought that must have been my ovulation, as its more like the middle of my cycle. Next day, back to a very pale almost invisible test line.

Anyway. Tonight I have got a real proper positive test. I am verybexcited about this. I've even noticed a bit of ewcm the last couple of days (thought it was connected to the cd19 opk)......

But is this not really really late? Does this not mean I have a really short luteal phase? Does this mean I might have problems conceiving?

Sorry for the essay! Really appreciate your thoughts!

X

I heard that a positive opk later in your cycle could mean that you are pregnant? This sounds likely if you had a positive one around ovulation too? Fingers crossed! :dust:

Thanks teacup! The earlier one was not positive compared to the one I've had today, it was just waaay darker than the ones I had done up until then.

Maybe I am pregnant... Fingers crossed! I will wait until my AF is late, although I do feel a bit crampy. Not sure that is unusual for me though. We are going on holiday soon, so that would be a lovely on-holiday surprise!

X

I ovulate late as well. Usually between CD19 and CD 22. Both times I have been pregnant I ovulated on CD 19 and I also have a 28-31 day cycle. So it IS possible. Good luck hunny.

I ovulate late as well. Usually between CD19 and CD 22. Both times I have been pregnant I ovulated on CD 19 and I also have a 28-31 day cycle. So it IS possible. Good luck hunny.

Thanks Naaxi, that's good to know! I'm just so pleased to have got a positive! Although perhaps I shouldn't have told dh as he couldn't, um, seal the deal last night or this morning :-(

i ovulate late aswel. my lines fluctuated throughout the month and then it was def positive. good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->