Positive OPK for 7 days?!?

Lemonly

Reaction score
Hey guys! Ok so my husband got a vasectomy 1.5 years ago. We are going for a reversal in a few months so I decided to start tracking my cycle just so we can get down to business when its done lol. Anyway, I have had a positive OP test for 7 days now. And I mean a super dark positive. Has this happened to anyone else before? Is this normal? Thanks!"

This happened to me when I had a cyst also in the 2ww a few cycles. can be a sign of pregnancy if your in the 2ww.

I had heard that when you get a dark positive ovolution test for a long time then it can be a sign you are pregnant! :) good luck x

I'm going to guess since your hubby hasn't had the reversal yet you're not prego!:haha: I'm also going to guess you haven't been using birth control or anything? Sometimes that will mess around with your cycles when you stop.

If my guesses are correct: A lot of dark OPKs might signal your body has a slow LH surge and decline or maybe your body is trying to gear up and ovulate but it's not quite hitting that threshold to pop the egg out yet. Good luck. I personally switched to digital OPKs and had a much easier time figuring this stuff out. I had a bit of the opposite problem though- mine never got "positive" dark although the digi showed a clear rise and peak for me. Good luck with the reversal!! I'm the product of a reversal myself so it can totally work!

Oh and try doing basal body temping, with my funky OPK and cycle stuff it's the only way I trust to know if I really did ovulate or not!

Thanks for the responses! I just got another very dark positive today, taken around 2:00 pm. I haven't been on any birth control since I had my daughter 2 years ago and my cycle has been pretty normal for the past 5 months. I'm not due for AF until the 25th. It's just throwing me off because if my husband didnt have a vasectomy then I would just all over the chance that I might be pregnant! He did go for a count at 4 months and got the all clear, but i've heard there is a possibility it can reverse on its own? That would be too good to be true!

You should try the CLEARBLUE DIGITAL OPK. They are expensive, but are so helpful!

Its rare but not unheard of for a vasectomy to fail ,which is why the doctors have patients sign papers stating that its not 100% fail proof and if it does fail you wont sue. good luck!.

Another positive today! Super dark! I will definitely buy a Clearblue because this is whole thing is driving me nuts!! I have had cramps all day today too and slight increase of cm. I just don't get it! I'm praying that there is a bun in the oven! It would not only be a miracle, but it would save us the painful $8,000 for the VR! ouch! Is it a common thing that a long positive OPK means a pregnancy? I never heard of that before until all this started! Ahh, fingers crossed so hard they hurt! lol

Hey there take a look at my chart from last month, I had a hard time Oing but this month I only had 5 which is significantly less. My body had a hard time Oing and it is slowly getting a hang of things. Sometimes your body will surge and fail to O for many reason stress etc, and will try again. You should start temping to confirm O

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2
Another positive today! Super dark! I will definitely buy a Clearblue because this is whole thing is driving me nuts!! I have had cramps all day today too and slight increase of cm. I just don't get it! I'm praying that there is a bun in the oven! It would not only be a miracle, but it would save us the painful $8,000 for the VR! ouch! Is it a common thing that a long positive OPK means a pregnancy? I never heard of that before until all this started! Ahh, fingers crossed so hard they hurt! lol

Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->