Positive OPK :) Need some advice.....

riggins1017

Married
Reaction score
Ok so just a little background on me and DH TTC.... I stopped my BCP on Jan 4. :witch: came to town on 1/14 and gone on 1/18. Started OPK on 1/24 monday - negative, 1/25 tuesday - negative, 1/26 darker so i think its positive now :happydance:. So my DH and I :sex:on 1/23, 1/26, 1/27 (this morning). My question is should we keep :sex: for the next few days or wait or what??? I am confused. This is our 1st month TTC. How likely is it that I can get pregnant this 1st month of trying? When can I test?

There is no reason at all that you wont get pregnant the first month if you are ovulating.

I'd give it 14 days after ovulation before testing. You can of course do it sooner, from 9DPO but you run the risk of false negatives

If its only just positive now, and you are a little unsure, I would do the deed tomorrow too and maybe next day then you can relax that you should be covered!

Good luck!:flower:

Hi There,

The period you go on the 14th was most likely a withdrawl bleed from finishing the BCP so ovulation can come anytime after that so i would say do it for another 3-4 days then wait till 14DPO until testing. Like Kate says too early can produce false positives, especially soon after finishing the BCD your body clock probably isn't corrected yet.

Baby Dust ***

I'd do some more BDing. If anything it will just increase your chances and if not just some good sex!;)

I thought my AF on the 14th might have been a withdraw bleed also but it was right along with my normal cycle days. I might mention that for the 3 weeks prior to "officially" stopping the BCP I probably only took 5 pills out of the 21 I was supposed to take.... Alot of stress that month it was a total accident.

Ok so just a little background on me and DH TTC.... I stopped my BCP on Jan 4. :witch: came to town on 1/14 and gone on 1/18. Started OPK on 1/24 monday - negative, 1/25 tuesday - negative, 1/26 darker so i think its positive now :happydance:. So my DH and I :sex:on 1/23, 1/26, 1/27 (this morning). My question is should we keep :sex: for the next few days or wait or what??? I am confused. This is our 1st month TTC. How likely is it that I can get pregnant this 1st month of trying? When can I test?

Any other advice from anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->