Positive OPK now what??

Shananigans

Reaction score
I read so many things and now I'm confused. First month using these. Last night my test line was close to control line and this morning it was the same as the control line so positive right? So now what? Means I am ovulating or getting ready to? I had sex yesterday morning, but hubby's testosterone is very low and he has not had an SA but I'm just assuming his levels are low or pretty low. We did concieve two years ago so if I don't get pregnant this cycle(2nd month trying, preggo on first cycle last time) then we'll go see a doctor before he starts his testosterone treatment.

With opks they show the surge when positive ur egg if ovulated has been released. Normally it indicates it has been released but sometimes it can be the same day. So you need to try the day before the positive and a lot of ppl do it the day of and after the positive but so long as it's day before or day of positive your in with a good chance. Best to keep a note of it so your can predict it in future cycles if you need to. If you don't already I would take your temp too as the doc will ask you to do that anyway but wouldn't start until cycle 2 butfingers crossed you ddon't need to x

Thanks! My cycle is usually on point but I just wanted to make sure this one so if I didn't end up preggo then we would know that there probably is and issue with his sperm or lack there of

When the opk test line is as dark as the control, that means ovulation is within 12-36 hours away, depending upon if you have long surges or short. I personally have had surges last 5-7 days but I think that I was catching my surge on the way up and then on the way back down because my darkest opk would always be smack dab in the middle. I had a short surge this month... literally my opk was positive the same day I even had some hint of a line in the test area and then went back to negative the next day so it really varies from cycle to cycle. Since sperm is viable for up to 5 days, if you DTD today, you have a good chance of catching the egg. The egg will be viable up to 36 hours once it is released. Hope this wasn't too confusing :blush:

Last night around 7 negative. First thing this morning positive and now this afternoon still positive. How much time you think until I ovulate?

It's now Tuesday morning and still positive 24hrs later. Will I ovulate today?? We were only able to BD on Sunday morning so I'm worried that wasn't enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->