Positive OPK on CD14 & 15... then again CD23/8DPO... Help?!

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
Just out of random curiosity yesterday at 8DPO I dipped an OPK strip in my fmu and it almost instantly came up positive! I used OPKs earlier in my cycle and got positives on CD14 and 15 and according to my BBT spike I ovulated on CD15, which makes sense compared with my previous charts. I've randomly used OPKs later in my cycle before but have only got positives around my typical O time.

Also, I noticed at 8DPO my temp took a big dip... and then this morning at 9DPO it spiked up again.

My most recent menses was strange, lasting only 2 days. Normally, it lasts 5-6 days. I stopped taking the BC pillmid-May and everything has been "normal" for me since so I'm not sure if my body is now going haywire or what?! :shrug:

My chart is below. I took a break from BBT last cycle in September, hoping a decrease in stress and anxiety would help... but then I had the wonky menses so I started temping again, hence the lack of temps last month and beginning of this month.

FYI I have taken HPTs since my "period" and most recently this morning, but sure it's way too early for a :bfp: if that's the case.

I've been stalking a lot of forums here and on other sites (scouring the internet for information) and I have noticed that after implantation a lot of women notice positives on opk's when in fact they are pregnant. Many of them also notice an increase in or continuance of ewcm. I'm new to all this, but I hope the information I've gleaned can help you. Remember though, sometimes women ovulate twice in one cycle. Good luck and much baby dust to you!

I've been stalking a lot of forums here and on other sites (scouring the internet for information) and I have noticed that after implantation a lot of women notice positives on opk's when in fact they are pregnant. Many of them also notice an increase in or continuance of ewcm. I'm new to all this, but I hope the information I've gleaned can help you. Remember though, sometimes women ovulate twice in one cycle. Good luck and much baby dust to you!

I've been doing MAJOR research since TTC, most recently with my wacky 2 day period and now this OPK craziness... I've also read about ovulating twice in a cycle but also read that it's impossible to do so?! And I've seen TONS of women that got positive OPKs bc they were pregnant... but also read that OPKs can and can't be used as pregnancy tests and if an OPK were to turn positive for pregnancy then you would get a positive HPT, which I am not as of right now. Since I started using OPKs and got my first positive in the beginning of July, I noticed that I get O cramping. It's like a dull/mild ache... called middleschnitzel or something :haha: I got this cramping right around my usual O time, CD14 & 15. I haven't noticed EWCM really at all during my cycles, just watery, so have been using Preseed. My cycles have been a consistent 26 days, with a 12 day luteal phase, so if I am O'ing a second time or just later in my cycle that would give me a super short luteal phase of around 3 days :shrug: All I've been seeing is random positive OPK = pregnant and I'm just refusing to believe that's the case for me :nope:

Far left is my previous OPKs from CD14 & 15, middle is yesterday's with fmu 8DPO and far right is late night OPK before bed... ???

Attachments

• 20141026_103841-1-1.jpg
    20141026_103841-1-1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20141026_103841-1-2.jpg
    20141026_103841-1-2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141026_201620-1.jpg
    20141026_201620-1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 10
From the fact that you had a major temp dive and a huge spike the next day tells me you implanted. You are correct on some things, but as for the opk detecting pregnancy and should show up right away on a hpt isnt necessarily correct. Yes opks can detect pregnancy but it doesnt detect the hcg rise. The hpts detect the hcg rise. So if you are not making enough hcg yet it will still show a negative. Having that positive opk just simply detects a possible pregnancy due to the rise of other hormones. But by the temp dip and spike i would say look forward to a bfp in the next few days :)

trust me when I say your situation is normal and you are more likely to get you're desired outcome than I am. I sure hope you keep updating this thread and posting your hpt pics here or in the poas party thread (which I am also stalking and soon will be participating in) if there is a pixie dust tree from which pixie dust comes from, I say we go on a quest for the baby dust tree!! good luck hun!! :hugs:

Thanks ladies! After the wacky short period and the strange OPKs I'm so worried that something is wrong and my hormones are going crazy! :wacko: I would very much like to conceive again, although not sure RIGHT NOW is the best of times... but then again it would never be a good time for me! And after a few months now of TTC thinking it would happen instantly like my other two and only to be disappointed month after month, I am really wanting to lean towards this being a funky cycle for me. After having the super short period I made an appointment with my OB/GYN and go tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to share this recent information and hopefully get some insight as to what's going on with my body.

Some weird, different things I've noticed are - tho I've tried and tried to keep myself from symptom spotting - yesterday my breasts felt a bit sore/tender on the sides and felt/looked fuller. My partner made breakfast (scrambled eggs, diced potatoes and Italian sausage) and it tasted so super salty, I couldn't eat it! I always love his cooking and he said he didn't use any salt. He made breaded pork chops, brussel sprouts and stuffing for dinner and that tasted ok to me, except the garlic in the butter on the sprouts was a bit much and I absolutely LOVE garlic! Then I burped up some nasty acid crap in my throat - yuck!

The hpt I used (well, wasted) last night was a FRER. The hpt I used this morning was a Walmart First Signal cheapie. Also, just stopped home on my lunch break and noticed the OPK I dipped in my fmu today had two lines :dohh: The OPK from late last nite had only one line... What gives?!?!

Dont go by the opk you had this morning if you read it later on as anything that shows up after the alloted time is an evap. Hopefully you get some good answers soon.

Yeah was thinking maybe an evap. Also on yesterday I took a second OPK a little while after I took the first one and got a second positive that day. Then took the one right before bed and nothing. The night time OPK was still blank today...

Omigosh ladies this keeps getting stranger for me... So, I took another OPK yesterday evening with a super duper faint line. Nothing at all worth getting excited about. Then I randomly had nasty acid reflux again like I did the day prior. My man was gone all evening so of course when he got home and we went to bed we :sex: and when I used the restroom afterwards there was red blood when I wiped (and all in his semen, sorry if TMI). I shouldn't be starting my period until Friday?!?! So I popped a light tampon in and went to bed. This morning, however, there was NOTHING on the tampon?!?! :shrug: I checked my cervix - it seemed high, semi-soft and closed but maybe slightly open I don't know... but there was no sign of any blood. Did not waste anymore OPK or HPT. I'm so confused and anxious to get to the doc today!

I sometimes bleed after vigorous fun.. or maybe implantation?? I can't wait to hear how it goes for you! My ultrasound came back with everything normal except several small ovarian cysts, but it's still really early in the game (possibly too early for an ultrasound) Sending you an active volcano of baby dust (so try not to take a bath) lol

Of course I am going Google crazy today at work! Part of me wants to believe it's a good sign... but then more so that it's just another weird thing this month that needs to get checked out :nope: Was wondering and hoping that it didn't come from my partner?! Pretty sure it was me. I brought lady supplies with me today at work just in case... Boobs still feel full and a bit sore and grumbly tummy but nothing else really. Ugh why must my body do this to me?!?! :sad2:

Querida you had an ultrasound? What cycle day are you on and what prompted that, if you don't mind me asking?

I have an hour to go before I leave work and zoom to the doc office! Eeeek!!!

Querida you had an ultrasound? What cycle day are you on and what prompted that, if you don't mind me asking?

I have an hour to go before I leave work and zoom to the doc office! Eeeek!!!

I have never charted my cycle before but I was always regular and about the same time every month pre-mirena and when I paid enough attention these last 6yr I noticed my cycle symptoms still seemed regular despite not bleeding so idk. If I were preggers I would be 3-5 wks and it wouldn't show on the ultrasound yet. I had an ultrasound Friday and got the results yesterday evening. I have had symptoms before but never felt in my gut that I was really preggers. Then right after I started poas I got 4 v faint bfp over 3 days off 2 different brands (and have had nothing but bfn since, including a quan beta hcg blood test) Now I am in a strange tww, charting and temping and taking prenatals while I wait to remove my mirena in only 14 more days before ttc. let us know how your dr visit goes!

Oh wow! I had a Paragard IUD a few years ago. I would spot alot every month so had it removed. I've mostly been on the BC pill but stopped this year mid-May. Had the typical breakthru bleed then what I think was a period after, because I bled well for a week or so. That's crazy, you got faint :bfp: while still having the IUD? Hoping we both get some good results!

Well doctor said everything appears fine and all that I am doing as far as TTC goes is good. Urine pregnancy test they did in office was :bfn: He said he expects me to start :af: in a few days, which would be accurate since I estimate Friday. He also said that he will give me two more months of trying then in January we can explore further with an HSG test, which will determine if my tubes are blocked. I've been instructed to "not stress" and "have fun with it" and "have lots of sex" so that's exactly what I'm gonna do for the next two months - no BBT, no OPK, no symptom spotting... nothing! (well... except lots of :sex:) As long as I know when to expect my period so I'm not caught without, ahem, "supplies" then I'm good! I must admit I'm pretty disheartened and a bit down but I suppose no bad news is good news and we will just keep on trying!

Decided to finish my temps with this cycle. It went up again this morning, but comparing with my previous charts, I'd expect my temp to drop tomorrow and Friday... and that's so ironic! The :witch: will be visiting me on Halloween! :haha:

Yeah that is what we are doing as well. We are taking a break until january without all the added stress, but doing the same and not preventing. All im worring about is knowing my cycle days and monitoring my cm. But not doing opks etc.

Yeah that is what we are doing as well. We are taking a break until january without all the added stress, but doing the same and not preventing. All im worring about is knowing my cycle days and monitoring my cm. But not doing opks etc.

I know I definitely need to de-stress from TTC and just go with the flow... easier said than done! My partner has been telling me this, so when my doc told me the same I looked over at him and he had his hands in the air shaking his head with a big grin on his face like 'I told you so!'.

I just calculated that I'd only be a little over 3 weeks along IF I was pregnant. I'm still wondering if a doctor could tell that early on that a woman is pregnant by performing a pelvic exam :shrug: I'm so impatient and stubborn!

Gah! I may have found an answer to my question:

https://www.babiesonline.com/articles/health/pelvicexam.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back