positive OPK- when to have sex? Hope I didn't miss it!!

babySkew15

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site so I'll start off by saying hello! I've been TTC since Feb 2015. Friday I recieved a positive OPK but I wasnt able to have sex until Saturday/Sunday (12AM)midnight. Have I missed my opportunity to conceive?! I made sure to have sex again Sunday morning at 10:30am.

Is it too late for me?

Send baby dust my way pleaaaaase!

Did you only get the positive on one day? The Friday? Or did you test again on the Saturday.

The opks really only detect the LH surge which is prior to ovulation....doesn't mean ovulation definitely happens however which is annoying. Best way to be sure is apparently temping....I only started this month myself. Anyway back to opks.....they say you typically ovulate 24-36 hours after the first positive test.

Good luck x x

My OPK test says after you get the positive have sex 24-48 hours after...BUT no more than 48 hours. I mean you CAN. But I guess for pregnancy its not optimal. The egg only lives for like 24 hours after its released right? I think....

Following as I only got one day of positive opk, cd18. I had two lines before and after but only on cd18 was the test line darker than the control and at that point it was way darker. Is it abnormal to just have one day of positive?

No, That's normal

The LH hormone is what triggers the egg to be released It surges and then drops off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->