Positive opks for one day only? Help!

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Hi,
im New to using opks really, need help.

Yesterday I got my first positive opk, tested 12pm,4pm and then 8pm. All positive.

Today I tested at 12pm
it was fading out already and was negative! Confused-from what I read online most people get 2 days of positives?!

Does this mean I may have ovulated overnight between my last positive and negative today?

Hey Yo_Yo
I had exactly the same thing but when I looked into it further I saw that some people only get positives for a few hours and it usually means that you will/have ovulated. From what I understand it's more unusual to get an LH surge without ovulating. Hope this helps xx

Thanks for the help :)

Glad to hear its normal!

Not to throw in more confusion but sometimes you can get a positive opk and not ovulate at all. I added charting my bbt to using opk's so I would know for sure I actually ovulated. If your cycles are pretty regular then what normally happens is you ovulate 12-48 hours after your last positive opk but seeing a thermal shift when charting your bbt is the only way to know for sure exactly when you are ovulating. Good luck and hope you got your bd'ing timed how you needed!

Not to throw in more confusion but sometimes you can get a positive opk and not ovulate at all. I added charting my bbt to using opk's so I would know for sure I actually ovulated. If your cycles are pretty regular then what normally happens is you ovulate 12-48 hours after your last positive opk but seeing a thermal shift when charting your bbt is the only way to know for sure exactly when you are ovulating. Good luck and hope you got your bd'ing timed how you needed!

I think I have ovulated. Lots of ewcm.
Hope so anyway! :)

I only get one day of a positive, from what I get it's just a quick surge and nothing t worry about. I O 48 hrs later, or thereabouts according to my charts.

Also just to mention, these OPKs are very subjective, so I use to think I had 2 days of positives, but in fact the 1st day was not positive, but very nearly, so I think a lot of people think they have a 2 day surge when in fact it's only 1 day of a true positive, sometimes it's hard to tell when it's really positive or almost positive. It's actually more normal to have 1 day, than 2, if you get what I mean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"