• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Positive OPKs Several Days in a Row??? Help!!!

ultrabluenc23

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I am new to this site and am having an interesting issue :wacko:

I am on day FIVE of positive OPKs--this is testing several times per day, and yes the test line is darker than the control, and these are on different brands of tests (so not a bad batch).

Not only that, but my cervix has stayed soft throughout, was open for two days, and now is closed again. I had EWCM starting on day 1 of positive OPKs, went to watery, back to EWCM, now creamy. I have not seen much (if any) BBT rise :nope:

Last month I had a very normal cycle, two days of positive OPKs, ovulated on the 2nd day and then had a very obvious BBT rise on the day my OPK turned to negative.

What could be going on? I took an HPT to rule that out, although I figured it was probably negative due to the fact that I had a very heavy period last month and my cervix has been noticeably open this cycle. I have NEVER had this happen before :/

A little background:
I have one baby, he turns 2 in February. I had 4 MCs before I got pregnant with him. I breastfed him until about this time last year, then tried Mirena (IUD) but it fell out after a few weeks. We used condoms for awhile and hated them, and I had been on Micronor (mini pill) for the last few months. Just stopped the Micronor the cycle before last. I didn't expect to conceive last month since it was my first off the birth control pill, but it was such a PERFECT cycle BBT and ovulation-wise, it was so very obvious that it happened and WHEN it happened.

Just feeling very disappointed and irritated with my body. Every morning I wake up hoping for a BBT rise and a negative OPK, and it doesn't happen. :growlmad:

Don't know if this helps--but here is my crazy chart this month (I will post next month next)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi ultrabluenc23, I'm not sure if i will be of any help but I didn't want to read and run.

Wow, there certainly is a difference in your charts there (I wish mine looked as lovely as yours did last months btw! lol). It might seem like an obvious question, but from the bbt part of things, have you been ill or taking any new vitamins or meds this month?

I often have positive opks for a few days in a row (day 3 of positives today) so I have googled it quite a bit in the past. From what I have read, sometimes your body can get all ready to ovulate but for some reason it doesn't happen so it tries again, resulting in positive opks over a few days. Other times it could just be the LH taking a while to dop down. Your cervix and cm all sound positive in terms of signs of ovulation so it's just that darn chart :shrug:

Hopefully someone else will be along with some better info soon :flower:

Sadly a BBT is only useful after ovulation has occurred typically you ovulate 12-48 hours after an opk turns positive I have an idea you may get your temp rise tomorrow, as for the erratic temps, I have no idea although I have had a few mad looking charts myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"