Positive ov test 8 days after ovulation? Could this mean pregnancy?

Lana Farrell

Have1 boy,expecting twins
Reaction score
I'm about 8dpo and done a ov test today as I had some bloating yesterday. It came out positive really fast?!? I'm really confused as I had a positive last week when I usually ovulate about cd14. I'm due on af 9th June. So it's too early to do a preg test?
How can I be due to ovulate again?
Could this mean pregnancy?
I had all the usual ovulation symptoms last week... Today feeling tired and a bit sick so very confused. I want to be hopeful but don't want to get excited for nothing.
Any ideas whats going on?

Maybe your body tried to ovulate but didn't & it's trying again? Are your cycles regular? I've heard ov tests can pick up pregnancy but usually much later I believe.

Only from what I've read on here do you temp or anything to confirm ovulation?

It is unlikely that you ovulate twice in a cycle. A positive ovulation test is not a guarantee that ovulation is really happening. Only shift in bbt can definitely tell whether ovulation really happened or not. A positive opk twice in a cycle could be due to two things, either you’re pregnant or your body geared up for ovulation but couldn’t release the egg. Your body may prepare for ovulation more than once within the same cycle, but not actually release an egg each time.
Alternatively, woman can release two eggs during one twenty-four period. When both of those eggs are fertilized, you have fraternal twins. The chances of having naturally occurring fraternal twins is about 1.7% (remember, too, that a woman could release two eggs but both are not necessarily fertilized.)
You can get a first response early result or similar sensitive test at this stage, though unless you wait a few days; to rule out pregnancy as ovulation sticks can test positive with pregnancy hormones and it's been a week between your first apparent ovulation and this one.

Take a pregnancy test, if the OPK is positive from picking up HCG then a HPT should be positive too. OPKs can detect HCG and LH , HPT's can only detect HCG.

Take a pregnancy test, if the OPK is positive from picking up HCG then a HPT should be positive too. OPKs can detect HCG and LH , HPT's can only detect HCG.

That's what I think too. I got my BFPs at 9DPO so if you ovulated last week it is worth checking.

I would love to join you all.. I too had a loss 04/30/2015 d&C on 05/01/2015. TTC again before AF and I find you all so encouraging... love the positive encouraging you all offer. I am off to the lab to have a Beta HCG done today it was 2 last thursday....good luck everyone.

Good luck! I hope things go well at the doctor.

I asked this last month as exact same thing happened to me at 8dpo..very positive opk.. a lady on here had the same issue and saw her doctor that day..she got back to me and the doctor had told her it is very common as your body can surge several times...but after the first ovulation test that is a sure positive you shouldnt take anymore as it will just confuse you. I was not pregnant.

Thank you for all your replies. I keep telling myself it must be a second attempt at ovulation. I don't temp but I can tell by tracking symptoms like cm etc. I have an awful pain where my right ovary and tube are for the last 5 cycles and have been worried this could some how stop me getting pregnant as I also have endo and I spot normally from ovulation untill af every single cycle.
I just took a hpt test even though I'm sure it may be a bit too early, I'm not sure if I see a very faint positive or just an evap line. I don't know what to do now! Feel excited but scared incase it's not a positive.
Baby dust and good luck to everyone.

Thank you for all your replies. I keep telling myself it must be a second attempt at ovulation. I don't temp but I can tell by tracking symptoms like cm etc. I have an awful pain where my right ovary and tube are for the last 5 cycles and have been worried this could some how stop me getting pregnant as I also have endo and I spot normally from ovulation untill af every single cycle.
I just took a hpt test even though I'm sure it may be a bit too early, I'm not sure if I see a very faint positive or just an evap line. I don't know what to do now! Feel excited but scared incase it's not a positive.
Baby dust and good luck to everyone.

How early? Post a pic?

I just took some pics but it doesn't show up in the photos. I think I will wait a day or two at the most and test again. I honestly feel like a shaky jelly!

yeah post a pic. i got a positive opk at 5DPO and then got a positiv HPT at 12DPO im not sure if the two were related at all

Congratulations on your BFP. I will post tomorrow hopefully one day may make the result clearer.

Am not going to test for a few more days. Saw the doctor today who said I should wait as its too early to test with my dates. I have a slight watery pink after I got home from doctors, I. Wondering what this is. Possibly just the begining of my period. I've just or to wait and see.

never thought I would be so happy to have AF here. But I was so worried something was wrong with my body. I am excited to start the ovulation tracking ... this is something I have never done what kits work best? and what are the most reliable..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->