Positive ovulation tests before period?

ela312012

Wonderful husband and son
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

While I know you can have a surge before your period I have had this the last 4 days ... First 2 days very dark and yesterday n today as dark as control line. I'm due af today. Anyone any insight into what could be going on? Thanks very much :flower:

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

OPKs pick up LH, which is a very similar hormone to hCG structurally. OPKs are able to show positive in the presence of hCG. So you may be pregnant.

I took a clearblue digi O test a day before I got my dark bfp and it was negative.

I took the clearblue digi O test again a couple days after I got my bfp just to see what it would do and it gave me a smiley!!! So positive.

Also I know it's not accurate to look at the colour of the lines on a digi- but- usually they correspond to the normal O tests with the colour in the test and control. When it gave me a positive O test when I was pregnant the test line was super dark, darker than the control!!

Just my experience. I do believe the O tests can pick up both lh and hcg:thumbsup:

have you taken a hpt? I agree with the other ladies, that opks can pick up hcg, but it could also be you never ovulated when you thought? I'd take a hpt and if negative.. get to bding!

:test: with an hpt. Opks have been known to pick up hcg too! Good luck!

Why are u taking ovulation tests before ur period? If u look on the test kit, it gives u the days ur supposed to test by how long ur cycles are. They are not meant to be used other times of the month. If u think ur pregnant get a pregnancy test.
Good luck

i agree take a hpt and if negative its probably ovulation so bd!
good luck!

:coffee: Patiently waiting to see the hpt pic hehe

thanks so much ladies :) I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet. I had heard of getting a surge before your period n was just curious so took an ovulation test 4 days ago n it was pretty dark I then took another the following day n it was the same so thought that a bit strange ... the following 2 days until this evening they're darker. I had a load of them in the drawer so just took one as I said out of curiosity. I definitely ovulated on cd 17, confirmed with temp. I bled a small bit 3 days after and am on cd 31 today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->