Positive pregnancy test but bleeding

Jaxie086

Reaction score
Yesterday I got a very faint positive line. This morning I took another test and it was slightly darker but when I went to go wipe, there was red blood. I am supposed to get my period today. I have af cramps and still light bleeding. I made an app to see the doctor later today. I know this could be chemical but I thought with chemicals that periods were usually late. Mine is right on time. I'm just so crushed. I went from being completely ecstatic to absolutely crushed. :cry:

Any kind words of support would be sooooo appreciated :)

Hopefully it's just baby getting nested in there! Bleeding is quite common in early pregnancy, lots of ladies on here have had bleeding and their babies have been fine. Hope your appt goes ok, and congratulations!

Went to the obgyn and my urine test came back negative. They sent me to get some blood work and I will hear results on friday. The kicker is that I came home, took another pregnancy test and it's positive! And the positive line is darker than before! What is going on with my body?! I have my period!

He drs tests are wY less sensitive than home pregnancy tests! Same happened to me with my 6 yr old

Hang in there jaxie! Hopefully it is just implantation bleeding! It's a good sign of ur seeing some progressionn!

Oh man how frustrating! Good luck!

Thanks ladies!! I so appreciate all the kind replies! You guys are amazing! :flower:
i took another test this morning, thought the pregnancy line was lighter at first but it is actually darker than yesterday morning. So my hcg levels are still rising even though I have a full blown period. Af is a little more clottier than usual. Still waiting to hear about blood work tomorrow afternoon. I am a worrier and I tend to jump to conclusions. I'm worried it might be ectopic although I have no pain near my ovaries or sides. I'm so confused I have no idea what's going on.

Attachments

• 20151029_110726.jpg
    20151029_110726.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 49
They do look good, fingers crossed for you. Is your period like a normal one tho? X

Bleeding could be coming from somewhere else, like your cervix, which is completely common. Everything is engorged down there! If your tests are getting darker, which they clearly are, it's unlikely you're dealing with a miscarriage. Good luck at the appointment tomorrow! Don't worry!

Thanks again everyone! Having people to talk to on here about this makes me feel so much better about this whole thing, no matter what the outcome might be! Got the lab results today, my hcg was only 22 this past wednesday, but it's still something. Took another home test this morning and it looks pretty much the same as the one yesterday, not lighter or darker. Doc wants me to wait another week to see what happens with my hcg levels. Going in next wednesday for another blood test.

My normal period is about 7 days, and my cycles are normally very regular. This period is not at all normal for me. Wednesday (when it was supposed to be due) it was red and medium flowing. Thursday it turned more brownish and started to get much thicker in consistency and heavier. By thursday night my flow had gotten much much lighter. Now (friday) it has almost completely gone and is all brown spotting. My periods are normally 7 days but this time, is almost completely gone by third day? I hate when my body confuses me and I am completely not in control here.

I really have a feeling this is a miscarriage though. All my pregnancy symptoms are gone. As long as I still see a pregnancy line on those tests though, I'm still eating and doing things as if I could be pregnant, just in case ;)

Post any test as i love to look at them :) lines only get so dark. If it's not lightening, i think you're probably still fine!

Alright ladies, since wednesday (oct. 28) my tests have been getting ever so slightly darker, I think. They definitely have not been getting lighter. My husband is very logical and says that the shade of the tests doesn't really mean much because of how urine can be diluted, depending on how much liquid you're drinking. I believe him but I don't think I've been drinking any more or less liquid lately. I have a glimmer of hope here that I might still be pregnant but I really don't want to get my hopes up too much and then have another crash and burn later. Waiting till wednesday when I go in for my second blood test.
Still brown spotting slightly and started feeling like there is an expanding balloon in my uterus lol, little twinges on my right side but nothing painful.

Attachments

• 20151101_110352.jpg
    20151101_110352.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 37
Those lines are definitely getting darker and actually look really good. Fingers crossed for you I think you are pregnant. Bet you can't wait to Wednesday to come and hopefully those bloods be a good result for u x

Those lines are definitely getting darker and actually look really good. Fingers crossed for you I think you are pregnant. Bet you can't wait to Wednesday to come and hopefully those bloods be a good result for u x

I absolutely can't wait! If for nothing else than to get a definite answer as to whether Im pregnant or not, instead of sitting here in limbo, wondering. This has been one heck of a roller coaster ride already and it's just getting started lol.

I can almost guarantee you are pregnant, but i totally understand the need to see it with blood work. You lines look great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->