Positive pregnancy tests but had a period last week

darkriver

Reaction score
So I had a period last week. I had taken an early test before my period was due and it was positive. Now though I had a funny feeling and took a test and I got a positive. Is it possible to have a period and a positive without it being a mc.

It sure is! One of my co-workers had a period for almost 8 months and delivered a healthy baby girl!

It sure is! One of my co-workers had a period for almost 8 months and delivered a healthy baby girl!

Hi Xsugarplumx was just reading your thread. Congrats, I am so scared. Husband not even getting a little happy. Took another test and its very faint but there.

Hi Xsugarplumx was just reading your thread. Congrats, I am so scared. Husband not even getting a little happy. Took another test and its very faint but there.

I'm sure he will come around.. he may just be nervous. Hell, at times I think my hubby isn't happy. We tried and tried and nothing, and then just randomly I fell pregnant. Reality probably hasn't hit, he may be holding up a wall in case something does happen. Maybe go to your doc and get a blood test?

They dont always do blood tests in the UK which sucks.

Oh, that totally sucks! I'm sorry! Have you taken another pregnancy test since you bled?

I would assume it's not a MC then. I would assume you are still pregnant. I gushed blood only a day after I found out I was pregnant. I still am pregnant. Just to be on the safe side (if I was you.) I would take another test in about 2-4 weeks.

Is the line getting darker? Do you have pictures?

I'm sorry to bring the bleak possibility that maybe you had a chemical and the hcg hasn't totally left your system yet. If the test is getting darker, then I would imagine everything might be fine.

My fingers are crossed for you but honestly with the bleed I really don't get why your doc wouldn't be concerned at all..

I am seeing the doctor tomorrow. I didnt contact them about the pregnancy as I assumed it was a chemical myself.

Congratulations! Yes, some women bleed when pregnant but every bleed is worth checking out so your doctor will probably refer you to your local early pregnancy clinic. Request it if they don't offer.
Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"