Positive story for anyone suffering bleeding

Lauz85

Reaction score
So I had to have a scan at approx 9 weeks due to signs of ectopic pregnancy and got to see baby's heartbeat on screen and everything looking good, fast forward 3 weeks and I started with some brown bleeding but only on wiping (sorry tmi) had this for a few days then turned slightly redder and heavier on day 3 which was sat so I rang epu who booked me in for a scan on mon (yesterday) by Sunday the bleeding had returned to how it was previously just upon wiping!

Anyway Monday afternoon arrives and we go for scan not sure how I was feeling tbh but anyway was scanned and guess what everything was fine baby was measuring at 12w 3d so I've moved forward 4 days and a new edd of 23/12! They aren't sure why I'm bleeding but said sometimes it just happens I've got my routine 12 week scan booked in for next Mon so if I'm still bleeding then they may do some more tests to have a closer look but they said not to worry unless I was soaking a pad every hour or passing any clots bigger than the size of a 50p!

So for anyone stressing early on I hope this gives some reassurance and that bleeding isn't always a bad thing I know it's easier said than done and I'm still worrying but feeling a little less stessed :happydance:

Sounds scary for you. I know how you felt. With my ds I started pouring bright red blood. It happened so fast and was so heavy. It's terrifying. My bleed lasted 8 long weeks and he I now a super active 20 month old.

Bleeding is quite common, and doesn't always mean the end.

Glad all was ok for you :flower:

So I had to have a scan at approx 9 weeks due to signs of ectopic pregnancy and got to see baby's heartbeat on screen and everything looking good, fast forward 3 weeks and I started with some brown bleeding but only on wiping (sorry tmi) had this for a few days then turned slightly redder and heavier on day 3 which was sat so I rang epu who booked me in for a scan on mon (yesterday) by Sunday the bleeding had returned to how it was previously just upon wiping!

Anyway Monday afternoon arrives and we go for scan not sure how I was feeling tbh but anyway was scanned and guess what everything was fine baby was measuring at 12w 3d so I've moved forward 4 days and a new edd of 23/12! They aren't sure why I'm bleeding but said sometimes it just happens I've got my routine 12 week scan booked in for next Mon so if I'm still bleeding then they may do some more tests to have a closer look but they said not to worry unless I was soaking a pad every hour or passing any clots bigger than the size of a 50p!

So for anyone stressing early on I hope this gives some reassurance and that bleeding isn't always a bad thing I know it's easier said than done and I'm still worrying but feeling a little less stessed :happydance:

So glad everything is ok, and a massive congrats!
Thanks for sharing your story :)

I'm glad all is okay for you! :)
This makes me feel a little better. I've done a lot of reading today.
I started getting light brown spotting on the TP yesterday, and it seems a little darker today. I'm happy that it's brown, however, and I'm trying not to worry about it unless I see red or it gets heavier. I have no cramping or anything either.
BUT, the weirdest thing.. after I had my son, I no longer get painful cramps, they are SO much more mild. I don't know why this happened, but I'm not complaining! LoL.
This spotting also didn't happen with my son, so it's more nerve wracking.. but I'm trying to ignore it and hope that everything is fine.
My first scan is scheduled for the 28th. Hoping all is good until then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->