Positive takes a while to show

Andi86

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I'm very early probably only about 4- 5 weeks. I've taken 4 home pregnancy tests, all frer's. They were all positive but they take a little while to show up but still within the 3 min mark. When I was pregnant with my son it was instant positive. I wouldn't have to wait at all to see it. Today I was at my first apt and they did a urine test and the girl in the lab said "Take a seat, I thought it would show up right away but it's not." It ended up coming out positive but just the fact it takes a min kind of concerns me as ive had a chemical before and with my son it wasn't that way at all. Anyone else experience that? Just looking for some reassurance.

I have always tested very early (got bfps 7,8 and 9dpo) and my bfps always start out as very, very faint lines that show up as it dries.
You just have to be careful they aren't evaps. If they have colour that's a good sign

Oh they end up being pink lines and definitely a progression. Just seems to take almost the full 3 mins for the line to be dark.

That's ok, if you've noticed a progression I'd definitely say that's a good sign. With DD I got instant positives with FRERS, this time around those little lines took the full three minutes and even then they were squinters and I had to get the opinion of girlfriends. I saw a heartbeat a few days ago on an u/s so everything is ok!

Good luck x

I tested with a ton if tests up until 6-7 weeks. On some tests the line never got much darker than matching the control line, but as I got further along the positive came up bright faster and faster. In the beginning I'm pretty sure it took a minute for my taste to develop.

Also, I went to my midwife at 4w6d and she gave me a HUGE scare because when they ran a urine test, she said it was so far she had to squint to see it. I'd taken two tests about an hour before my visit and both were dark, so I was confused. She told me I was probably about to get my period or that I could possibly be experiencing an ectopic. She ran my beta that day and it turned out to be 664. So at 664 she had to "squint" to see my test line. Obviously their tests were crap. I've heard similar stories from other ladies who've went to the doctor early, so it makes me think that some docs buy the cheapest bulk tests they can and leave it at that.

All that to say, I wouldn't worry about what the test did at your doctor's office. If you're taking tests at home and seeing progression, then I think that you're likely okay. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->