Positive test 9 weeks after giving birth

DoodleDais

Reaction score
I'm new here so I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place. I would just like some advice/support please. As the title states, last night and this morning I have received positive pregnancy tests and it's only been 9 weeks since I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. She is my 2nd as I also have a handsome 3 year old son. Could this test be swayed by left over hormones or is the result a true result? My daughter is at the doctors this morning and I plan on asking them, in just kind of freaking out at the minute. Both myself and my partner wanted more kids, we just didn't expect it to happen quite this quick. I cried and cried when I got the results last night and then slowly started letting the idea sink in and I feel better about it. I feel terrible on my 2 babies as I don't want even less time and energy to spend on them. Anyone been in this situation that can shed some light, offer advice or support? Thanks for reading my paragraph Just to add the tests aren't even faint lines the lines are definitely there.

IMG_20190730_195506.jpg

Hi I just wanted to say my Aunt had a similar experience. She went back for her 6 week check with her 1st only to find out she was pregnant again. It all worked out okay and her 2 first children were even in the same grade at school. They are both adults now.

I’ve heard that if you ovulate quickly after birth you’re actually super fertile since your cervix is still partly open and your body was just pregnant so it can just jump into another pregnancy easily.

Hope everything works out well for you!

Thank you for replying O:) I spoke to the doctor this morning and she strongly suspects that it is a new pregnancy. After hearing the words I am starting to get excited about it all, I think I was just so scared yesterday. In between my 2 beautiful babies I lost 2, so that's always on my mind when I see a positive test. Hopefully everything will work out great for us.

Congratulations, I am sure everything will go perfect. You will probably find they will grow up to be the best of friends been so close in age.

Thank yous :) now that I've had a couple of days to get my head around it, I am getting more excited. I've spoke to the midwives today who think I'm about 6 weeks and 1 day and i have my first appointment booked, so fingers crossed everything goes well from here xx

I have two daughters 11 months apart I’m pretty sure unless any placenta is retained that it’s impossible to get a bfp unless your pregnant again I conceived when my daughter was 10 weeks old bfp when she was 12 weeks old they are now 6 & 7

Hope all goes well. That's quite exciting! Can understand the shock though <3

Hi, thanks everyone for your lovely messages. It definitely is exciting :D my daughter is 10.5 weeks and the midwives are setting me at 7.5 weeks pregnant (going off of a pretty none existant period lol). I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how both my babies bond with our newest addition. I am not however looking forward to some on the comments about timing etc that we are bound to get when people find out, let's just hope the people we need to be supportive will be supportive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->