Positive test after two CP's. So nervous! Update - blood test results

Just got the call! She said my numbers look great. She is still going to test me every 2 days until they get to the point where we can get an ultra sound! She said by the looks of it, I should be able to get one next week or the week after! I am so happy right now, and kind of can't believe it! I still haven't told my husband...I felt kind of silly the last time I thought I was and ending up just being a CP. I am debating on telling him tonight, or friday after I get my next results! I am leaning more towards Friday evening! I am so happy and hope that I make it to the ultra sound :)

Wooo!!! This is awesome news :happydance: :happydance:

So pleased for you! I'm sure those numbers are going to keep going up up up!

How is everyone feeling? I'm peeing a lot and my boobs have been sore pretty much since I found out. Other than that though sometimes I'm almost forgetting that I'm pregnant because I don't really feel any different...yet anyway.

Just got the call! She said my numbers look great. She is still going to test me every 2 days until they get to the point where we can get an ultra sound! She said by the looks of it, I should be able to get one next week or the week after! I am so happy right now, and kind of can't believe it! I still haven't told my husband...I felt kind of silly the last time I thought I was and ending up just being a CP. I am debating on telling him tonight, or friday after I get my next results! I am leaning more towards Friday evening! I am so happy and hope that I make it to the ultra sound :)

How is everyone feeling? I'm peeing a lot and my boobs have been sore pretty much since I found out. Other than that though sometimes I'm almost forgetting that I'm pregnant because I don't really feel any different...yet anyway.

My exact feelings!! The only difference I feel is peeing a lot, sore nipples, and I also feel a little sore in my lower stomach! Like i've been working out. How far along are you?

Same here. I'm about 5 weeks and 3 days or so. I don't feel pregnant but I'm already "showing" (crazy amount of bloating over here). My "bump" is so easy to spot, I've already had strangers asking how far along I am. :dohh: I've heard second pregnancies can be that way, but I certainly wasn't expecting it! Other than that, my only real symptom is having to pee all the time, crying at everything and snapping at my poor DH for the smallest of reasons.

Same here. I'm about 5 weeks and 3 days or so. I don't feel pregnant but I'm already "showing" (crazy amount of bloating over here). My "bump" is so easy to spot, I've already had strangers asking how far along I am. :dohh: I've heard second pregnancies can be that way, but I certainly wasn't expecting it! Other than that, my only real symptom is having to pee all the time, crying at everything and snapping at my poor DH for the smallest of reasons.

Oh goodness yes, I feel so bloated! I swear I have gained 20 lbs, but really nothing on the scale! I look so big already. I am determined not to gain a ton! I am going to tell my trainer next week just to be cautious that I am not over exhaulting, or hurting anything when I do go work out! I haven't gone in two weeks because I didn't want to tell anyone, and thought the easiest way was to not go! Lol

Oh yes the bloating! One minute I was looking at my stomach thinking I need to remember it looking flat so I've got something to get back to...the next day it was gone! I'm still hoping it's going to go back to normal, even if only for a short time.

I'm not totally sure how far gone I am. According to the Doctor's dates just going on first day of last period I would be 6 weeks 6 days. But my cycles have been longer and variable since coming off BCP. I estimate I could be as little as 5 weeks 3 days. Only time will tell who is closer to the truth (but I suspect it's me)

Mer12345 right?!?! It's just ridiculous. And that's a good idea. Last pregnancy I was so sick, I lost almost 10lbs in the first trimester. I was so sick I couldn't have worked out even if I had really wanted to since I was on bed rest. :( So before I jump into anything this time around I'm going to make sure I'm not super sick again. I hope your personal trainer comes up with a great plan!

Lemonad3, yep. It's crazy how one day the "bump" is so obvious and the next it's just gone! Are you planning on having an ultrasound done soon? They should be able to tell you how far along you are!

Lemonad3 - Yepp, I am glad i'm not to that point yet! I don't have a small belly to begin with as i'm a size 8/10! but I definitely feel bloated and just generally fat!!!

MrsB - I have had no sickness at all yet! I only just about 5 weeks now! Thanks I hope he does too, I definitely need to keep on a schedule to not gain a huge amount! That's the only thing i'm not looking forward too! haha I can deal with the belly, but do not want my other parts to blow up!

Lemonad3 - Yepp, I am glad i'm not to that point yet! I don't have a small belly to begin with as i'm a size 8/10! but I definitely feel bloated and just generally fat!!!

MrsB - I have had no sickness at all yet! I only just about 5 weeks now! Thanks I hope he does too, I definitely need to keep on a schedule to not gain a huge amount! That's the only thing i'm not looking forward too! haha I can deal with the belly, but do not want my other parts to blow up!

Ha! I totally understand :haha: Pregancy is wonderful but it sure comes with some unwanted side effects. Our little LOs are always worth it though!! :flower:

Yay! Just got my results back from my blood work yesterday and my numbers more than tripled! I am so ecstatic and telling my husband tonight! I am already scheduled for an ultrasound in two weeks. I will be almost 7 weeks when the ultra sound is scheduled for! here's my question - does my husband come with me? My guess is yes, and I know he will want to. But I would hate for him to show up and not be allowed back there...most places allow that for the first ultrasound, correct?!

That's great that your numbers tripled and yes your husband can go with you :D

Yay! Just got my results back from my blood work yesterday and my numbers more than tripled! I am so ecstatic and telling my husband tonight! I am already scheduled for an ultrasound in two weeks. I will be almost 7 weeks when the ultra sound is scheduled for! here's my question - does my husband come with me? My guess is yes, and I know he will want to. But I would hate for him to show up and not be allowed back there...most places allow that for the first ultrasound, correct?!

That is fantastic news!!!!! :happydance: Yes, he will be allowed with you just about anywhere!! My husband went to all the ultrasounds with my DD, and will try to do the same with this one. :thumbup: Good luck telling him the big news!!!! So exciting!

So excited! I told him and he was so happy! Plus I completely surprised him with a photo shoot and everything! I am so happy to be able to talk with him about it now! Excited for my first ultra sound on the 31!

So excited! I told him and he was so happy! Plus I completely surprised him with a photo shoot and everything! I am so happy to be able to talk with him about it now! Excited for my first ultra sound on the 31!

Aw, how precious!! :happydance:

Yay this is fantastic!!! I'm so happy for you :happydance:

I live in New Zealand and in our pregnancy care system unless you have any risk markers you find a midwife who looks after you and does all your scans/tests. I did my initial blood tests through a Doctor but now they are happy I just need to find a midwife. I've been trying to pin one down for a couple of weeks now but they don't seem to be very good at responding so I'm still a bit in the dark about when I will get scans etc. I'm going to make sure I speak to somebody this week though as I feel I've been pretty patient so far and am not getting anywhere.

My pregnancy app has told me to possibly expect the first signs of morning sickness this week...nothing yet so I'm crossing my fingers it stays away as long as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->