Positive test at home, neg. at doctors?

Thanks ladies for the reassurance! Its amazing how quick they are to assume it is negative. You would think Drs would prefer to give their patients good news rather than bad! Still waiting to hear back about the blood work results but hoping you are all correct O:)

My tests were negative at the GP when clearly positive at home with this baby. Drove me nuts! The test they used was meant to be sensitive, on par with or just a little less than FRER but obviously not. I had betas done which were fine.

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to post a quick update. I got my beta results back and my doctor was concerned that my number was only 110, which she considered really low for how far along I should be. I should get results from the second test tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Its well within range for 4.5 weeks hon.
Fingers crossed second one is good xx

Thanks liles. My doctor seemed to think that 110 was bad news :( . I am still holding out hope but I am feeling so down right now.

I'm not liking ur Dr.
She has worried u , prob needlessly twice.
Ur within the range of 4 weeks and 5 weeks just fine.
One number within the range does not mean bad news
One number if below the range isn't great news.
But urs isn't.
And u need two numbers to figure out doubling time.
Sorry if I sound cross, its ur Dr I'm annoyed at.
We as moms worry enough without them adding to it.
Huge hugs.
Hope ir second number is back soon and great xxx

Isme how obnoxious that she treated you that way?! I would be pissed! Why are you in this industry and in this specific field if you are obviously a miserable little gnome.

It sounds to me like you are most positively pg and that they put you through the conveyor belt too quickly. Trust your intuition ❤

No worries liles. I have had this GP for almost 20 years and I have had MANY problems with her over the years. Unfortunately, in our area it is difficult to find a family doctor who is taking patients. I dread dealing with her, and it makes it harder that I don't have a choice. After researching it a bit last night, you are totally right. There have been many women who have gone on to have successful pregnancies with numbers much lower. I dont know why she doesn't even bother offering a little bit of hope? Thank you so much for your reassurance and kind words, I really appreciate it! :hugs:

Thank you Happy & Daisy! I look forward to getting my results back today O:)

Fingers crossed for great results for u hon xxx
Sorry u don't hve a supportive Dr
But at least u know try not to take her comments as def true xxx
Let us know when u can please xx
Best of luck x

What a load of needless worries this Dr has caused you :hugs:

Where I live they never bother testing to confirm a pregnancy, they just ask if you've done a test at home and leave it at that. Your Dr should have just congratulated you on your pregnancy and moved on!

Let us know your results when you get them :hugs: but try not to worry, your tests are beautiful and most ladies would never have had a blood test to worry over :hugs:

Thanks liles! I will definitely keep you updated.

Pixie, I agree. Part of me wishes I never even went to the doctor, as it has caused more stress than anything else. I have barely slept since Tuesday waiting for the results, and it has made what should be an exciting time a very stressful one. Thanks so much for the support! :hugs:

You are definitely pregnant. Congratulations!! :) I'm so sorry about the extra stress your doctor has added. Try to not worry too much. I think that is a good number for your first beta. My first beta was only 36 and i was told that what matters is if your hcg is doubling correctly. Keep us posted on your results.

When I called my doctor to make an appointment for this pregnancy they just told me to make an appointment with the midwife after 8 weeks! Dr didn't want to even see me!

Hey ladies, just wanted to give a quick update. I checked my beta results online and it looks like they only went from 110 to 122 in 48 hours. I have not yet heard from my doctor, but I am assuming that the pregnancy is not viable. Thanks so much for your support and help everyone!

Hugs hon.
So sorry,
I've a good few losses behind me
And I know its devastating.
Giant hugs xxx
If u ever need to chat or hve a Qs feel free to pm me.

Sorry to hear that. It could still be a chance right? it moved up, just didn't double.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->