Positive Test...low Blood/Neg ultrasound??

springmommy

Reaction score
Im looking for some advise. I have a miracle baby whose 15 months, my husband and I decided in September we wanted 1 more & had my iud removed. My lmp was 11-19 & my cycle was 33 days. I don't do ovulation testing since with my daughter I conceived 4 days after the last day of my period which was only 4 days itself so basically c.d. 8...I am very irregular anyway!!
Anyway point to my post- at 34 days since my last period I tested, since I hadn't started and I got a VERY VERY positive almost instantly. That was 12-23 @ 12:30 am (bottom test in pic)... I tested again. 12-23 @ 8 am (middle test) and again super positive.
I was having some pains all day yesterday while with family (who don't know of the pregnancy) and I was so uncomfortable and couldn't sleep so I went to the ER just for peace of mind since I have a history of mc. They took my urine (never tested it), drew blood (low/no hcg), and did a quick in room ultrasound which is believed he could see a yoke sad however was unsure and ordered a full ultrasound...done both vaginal and regular... results?? Not pregnant...
Not believing it, I of course go to the only place open right now being it's Christmas, Walgreens and buy 4 more tests. I bought the 1st 2 at Walmart...I take 1 test (first response..top test in picture) today at 3:20 am...bam! Positive!!
Thoughts?? To early for blood or ultrasound?? I mean if only be 3 to 4 weeks possibly??? I'm just so confused...I have all the symptoms and I can't imagine if get multiple wrong tests all differnt brands??

Attachments

• 20171226_032940.jpg
    20171226_032940.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 51
I don't have any advice, but I didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry you're going through this. :hugs::hugs:

You should probably call your doctor. They'll want to know what is going on and can maybe run some tests to find out what is happening.

It could be too early for the ultrasound, but I don't understand the blood test being negative, especially with home tests like that. I'd guess a lab error or something and would definitely call OB this morning for urine and blood. Don't think you'd buy different tests at different stores and they all be faulty, you know. Good luck.

Did he give you the hcg number? Those are definitely positive. Too early for a scan to show anything I agree but your hcg levels must show you are pregnant.

Yes, either the blood test was wrong or it wasn’t truly negative... did they give you the actual number? Even if it’s 5 it could indicate you are very newly pregnant.

My initial hcg blood test was 55 with this pregnancy, and my tests were still so faint! So it’s hard to believe your blood test was negative with that result, even if it’s a chemical pregnancy or something.

Hope you get some answers! :hugs:

I’m pretty sure nothing shows on an ultrasound until your levels are something 3000 so it’s no suppose they didn’t see anything. My tests were still fairly faint on some brands and my bloods came back at 50 at 4 weeks - as long as they are doubling that’s what counts. Did they tell you what the number was?
I found this which made me feel better - https://m.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels
(Don’t forget those are figures for the full week and it doubles every other day so even if you are the lower end at the beginning of the week, you’ll be better by the end).
Good luck - this process is so terrifying it’s ridiculous!

Way too early for a scan you wont see anything until 5-6 weeks pregnant, u said bloods were negative OR low? Yes they prob would be low if you’ve only just missed ur period, u need a redraw on bloods every 48hr to check they’re doubling and go back for a scan around 6 weeks pregnant x

Thanks! I have called my OB...of course my luck he took today off ugh!! So another day of waiting for answers. I felt also maybe something with a
lab error too, however I suppose well just have to try to be patient today until I can get some answers tomorrow. The ER Dr didn't tell me anything but that I wasn't pregnant and treated me like I was crazy!! I took another test at 8:30 this morning and positive again!!

I defiantly know it has to be way too early to see on Ultrasound..the blood work just doesn't make any sense

I re-looked at your tests at first I thought the FRER was the other way round (faint positive) but now I've noticed its a really strong bfp, Im definitely going with a mix up with lab results, and if thats the case they need to give you a big apology! Your test line was ike mine - (I was 5w when I got one that dark where the T line sucked the dye from the C line)

here is my scan from xmas eve I was 6w 1d, I'm confident if I went 3 days before they wouldn't have been able to see anything, the fetal pole was tiny tiny.

I'd definitely ask for a redraw on the bloods x

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
Im looking for some advise. I have a miracle baby whose 15 months, my husband and I decided in September we wanted 1 more & had my iud removed. My lmp was 11-19 & my cycle was 33 days. I don't do ovulation testing since with my daughter I conceived 4 days after the last day of my period which was only 4 days itself so basically c.d. 8...I am very irregular anyway!!
Anyway point to my post- at 34 days since my last period I tested, since I hadn't started and I got a VERY VERY positive almost instantly. That was 12-23 @ 12:30 am (bottom test in pic)... I tested again. 12-23 @ 8 am (middle test) and again super positive.
I was having some pains all day yesterday while with family (who don't know of the pregnancy) and I was so uncomfortable and couldn't sleep so I went to the ER just for peace of mind since I have a history of mc. They took my urine (never tested it), drew blood (low/no hcg), and did a quick in room ultrasound which is believed he could see a yoke sad however was unsure and ordered a full ultrasound...done both vaginal and regular... results?? Not pregnant...
Not believing it, I of course go to the only place open right now being it's Christmas, Walgreens and buy 4 more tests. I bought the 1st 2 at Walmart...I take 1 test (first response..top test in picture) today at 3:20 am...bam! Positive!!
Thoughts?? To early for blood or ultrasound?? I mean if only be 3 to 4 weeks possibly??? I'm just so confused...I have all the symptoms and I can't imagine if get multiple wrong tests all differnt brands??

I hope you get some answers soon, I'm not sure what the answer is, but with strong positives like that I can't see that you are not pregnant. Good luck xx

Thanks ladies!! I'm trying to stay positive and not stress myself out!! I will have my ob do a redraw tomorrow which will be a 48 hr window to allow for doubling. Hopefully we get good results and it was a lab error. I've read more and more how many have had this happen to them!

Hope you get a good number on your redraw tomorrow!

UPDATE!!

Redraw as done this morning and came back this afternoon HCG is 470! Well do a repeat on Friday as well...ER Dr was wrong...it is a positive result!!

They owe you an apology with all that stress! So glad you got the right results second time round! X congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->