Positive then negative? Confused! Help!

claireyy_xo

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first ever post on a forum so I apologise if I have posted in the wrong place! I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my situation or give me their opinion as I'm completely stumped! :wacko:

AF visited me on 12 June until the 18th, had "relations" on 20th, 22nd and 24th June then had slight pink blood appear on 25-26th June which disappeared and then returned for 2 hours on 27th after more relations. Relations happened again on 30th June and again on 3rd & 4th of July (sorry if TMI!!)

Anyway, while on my drive down to visit friends in Glasgow on 5th, I had to pull over at a petrol station to get some mints as I had an AWFUL metallic taste appear in my mouth. On 6th, I made an emergency appointment at hospital for some antibiotics and I had a sudden UTI come on and it was very annoying and uncomfortable as UTIs tend to be, positive for UTI and slight amount of blood in my urine (not visible to the eye) - the nurse also did a urine pregnancy test while she was sorting things out, quickly mentioned it was negative but then came running after me up the corridor as a faint positive had started to show, it then started to get darker within the 5 minutes of me doing the test. It wasn't faint any longer, but it wasn't exactly dark. So they said I am most likely pregnant, my period isn't due roughly until the end of this week I think. I'm fairly regular. I got so excited, my boyfriend is over the moon etc but when I tested with an Asda test on the 7th, it said negative, so did first response and so did clear blue! I'm petrified that I have received a false positive now and I'm beside myself as I will be utterly heartbroken if that is the case.

Has anyone had a false positive before etc? Do you guys think there is still hope? I really want a BFP to show up but I'm too scared to retest.

Claire x

I've had false positives on the one step internet cheapies, I'm assuming they were evaps but if your line appeared within 5 mins it shouldn't be an evap. Clear blue and first response are pretty reliable tests.

How long are your cycles as going by your last af you'd be on CD 26, so it's still early to test? Maybe they use sensitive tests (10miu ones) whereas I know first response detect 25 miu and with some of us it takes a while for hcg levels to rise. I know it must be really gutting to get bfn's after being told it was positive.

I would wait a couple of days and then test again, it's not over til your af arrives I know it's hard living in limbo but hopefully if you leave it a couple of days you'll get a better result. Fingers crossed. Xx

Thanks for replying! I'm pretty sure my cycles are roughly 28-29 days.

It must have been a sensitive test I guess, but I'm soooo praying ill get a BFP this week. I think I'll wait until the weekend xx

It must have been a sensitive test I guess, but I'm soooo praying ill get a BFP this week. I think I'll wait until the weekend xx

It may be a chemical pregnancy. I had that happen to me may/june.

It may be a chemical pregnancy. I had that happen to me may/june.

I'm really hoping its not but that seems like a high possibility since I've read up about it. I just have to play the waiting game :( so impatient!

I know - waiting sucks! Praying that everything works out for ya. Hang in there!

either a false pos or a chemical..

will be thinking about you (hug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"