Positive with a TWIST, one for the experts! UPDATE- Hubby is preggers!!!

Simplechick

Reaction score
Ok ladies, this one has tossed me for a loop. Gonna go ahead and admit that I'm the worst POAS addict that has ever lived, lol! Here I am again, after swearing off all things baby, conceiving and testing...it's been a long road I'll tell ya!

So, I had a loss at 14/15 weeks, (baby passed at 14 weeks, baby birthed at 15 weeks). This was 107 days ago, or about 15 weeks.
I had what I think to be a chemical pregnancy two months ago, and negative preg tests since (FRERs and wondfo's)

Now, this month, I tracked ovulation with IC test strips, which stayed negative until the day I was expecting ovulation...then they became very very dark and obvious...this was on the 3rd of July (+ opk)

im not even going to go into the madness behind me testing for preg this early, because I KNOW better...but since I kept getting positives from left over hcg from the miscarriage that went 14 weeks, for over two months, and even during my period...I wanted to be sure I had negatives this time BEFORE testing for a new preg.

I had negative tests last month, and a full on heavy period last month.
Got positive opk this month when expected, and had sex on the right days. Opk was backed up by checking cervical position and cervical mucus, which all appeared to agree with the opk. (Also took opks from the last day of last period, all VERY negative)

Now, I COULD have ovulated the day of the opk, making me about 3 days past ovulation today, right? And I've read, the fertilized egg takes a minimum of 5 days to hatch and travel to the uterus...

This all in mind, HOW is it possible to get this positive preg test today?? And with only an hour long hold?
I am so sick and tired of this happening to me...false hope, losses, chemical pregs. I'm getting to the point that I think I may have some kind of cancer since I've read some cancers can cause these kinds of test results :(

Has anyone ever heard of a positive preg test 3 days after O?
Do you all even see the line? Would you trust it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 167
I am so sorry for your loss, I do see the line Fingers crossed for you hun xx

I definitely see the line! I'm pretty positive you would have had to have ovulated prior to July 3rd in order to be getting a new negative. Or you still have retained hcg from your previous pregnancy (so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine being that far along. 7 weeks was hard enough!) Did you ever end up getting negative pregnancy tests since then or did they always have something on them?

It does seem much more likely that after 15 weeks this would not be old hcg but new and that you just ovulated earlier than you thought or even what the ICs showed!

I see a line. Definitely odd though. Any line at 3dpo would be improbable and a line that obvious definitely doesn't seem to add up. I would think you Oed earlier than you think despite using opks every day since your AF, and the positive you got from a few days ago was from hcg? Definitely a head scratcher. I'd ring the doctor immediately and see if you can get in for serial betas today and Friday. FXed

I definitely see the line! I'm pretty positive you would have had to have ovulated prior to July 3rd in order to be getting a new negative. Or you still have retained hcg from your previous pregnancy (so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine being that far along. 7 weeks was hard enough!) Did you ever end up getting negative pregnancy tests since then or did they always have something on them?

It does seem much more likely that after 15 weeks this would not be old hcg but new and that you just ovulated earlier than you thought or even what the ICs showed!

I was thinking maybe early O too...but my cycles are 26-27 days, with a max 10 day Luteal, and sometimes it's 9, if I go by opks and cervical stuff.. My last period was June 17 and went 3 days very heavy, two days light.

And I did get several totally negative FRERs in the last cycle, right up till my period showed up, so I just can't imagine still having hcg from a preg 3 months ago...possibly retained products??

I'm glad you guys can see the line and I'm not seeing things, lol!! It's been sitting awhile now, and the line is still very visible, it showed up within 1 minute too!

I'm making a appt with the doc today to see what they can figure out. Really really hoping they will draw bloods at the very least. They use poor sensitivity tests, so they may just dismiss my concerns if they don't see a strong line, especially since I haven't missed a period yet.
Funny, I was wondering what all the weird cramping and pulling sensations in my uterus were all about yesterday...kept telling myself it was PURE imagination and silliness. (I mean, wouldn't you this early in the game?)

I definitely think you're pregnant again then I'd you've already gotten several negative pregnancy tests since your loss! That would be a super long time to still be getting positives anyways.

Sounds like you just somehow ovulated really early which does seem strange given your short cycles but no doubt stranger things have happened and I bet this pregnancy is just truly meant to be! Glad you're going to the doctor. Can't wait for an update!

Took a opk just for that reason.(possibly picking up hcg)..and it's much fainter than the ones from when they were positive for O, but not as light as when I thought they were negative...in fact, when they were neg, they were almost white, but now 3 days after they said positive, they are still more visible than when they were neg...if that makes sense?

Could your 'period' have been ovulation bleeding? The only time ive ever had ovulation bleeding was after my losses. It'd kind of tie in with getting a Bfp around now and the opks picking up hcg. Confusing! Id ask for bloods

Could your 'period' have been ovulation bleeding? The only time ive ever had ovulation bleeding was after my losses. It'd kind of tie in with getting a Bfp around now and the opks picking up hcg. Confusing! Id ask for bloods

Highly doubt it...my last period (tmi alert!) was super heavy, lots of dark red blood, needed two or three super absorbency tampons per day for 2 days, then a light day, then no bleeding on day 4, then bright red bleeding after sex on the last day (day 5) but no other bleeding...was weird, but still too heavy and crampy for it to have been anything else I think.

Just got off the phone with doc, they scheduled me for this Friday!! I'm really hoping they figure this out, and they said they would schedule bloods and U/S even if the pee test is neg!! I can't tell y'all how relieving it is to FINALLY find a doc willing to listen and help!! Even if it's bad news, at least I'll have a better idea what's up and can stop worrying about an unknown.

Hi, so sorry for you loss. Your rollercoaster is a puzzling situation to be in, excuse my ignorance, but have you retested with a different hpt since frers have become notorious for false positives? You may have ovulated earlier than expected even tho your opks say otherwise, after all, our bodies work in mysterious ways. Good luck and keep us updated x

Hi, so sorry for you loss. Your rollercoaster is a puzzling situation to be in, excuse my ignorance, but have you retested with a different hpt since frers have become notorious for false positives? You may have ovulated earlier than expected even tho your opks say otherwise, after all, our bodies work in mysterious ways. Good luck and keep us updated x

That's a very good point! I have some IC cheapies I'm gonna try again... I used one this am, and thought I possibly saw the faintest of lines...but was sure it was just the test strip or antibody strip, with it being waaayyyy to early for anything at this point..that's why I grabbed the FRERs...to put my mind at ease, since for me, a neg frer is a true neg indeed (not counting testing too early, haha!)

I have kinda heard some whispers here and there about the new FRERs having false positives, but just can't believe our ol reliable best friends in the poas world would let us all down so badly!

Gonna go try a IC in a bit...only been a couple hours since last potty break, so I won't expect much if anything. I have the blue packaged ones, called Clincal Guard (same brand I used for opk).

Opinions on that brand?

Never used CG but I have had false positives on the frer. They are very faint, nearly invisible. Most of them are just the indent line catching the light/ can be tweaked to show a nice line. Something that clear and that pink, if it is what I think it is because of the angle, that's not one of the false lines I'm used to seeing. But that's just my experience. When will you be able to get in today/ make sure to post your ic!

Took an IC and a frer this morn (bought a 3 pack of frer yesterday) and used fmu, both tests in same urine....

IC was very white, nothing to be seen but barely the antibody strip, no color or anything...but the frer looks twice as dark to me in real life today, even though it's not even been 24 hours since the first suspicious positive.

I think it's darker because my urine was more concentrated this morn than it was yesterday, since yesterday's was a mid afternoon test with a shorter hold. This morns test was from about a 6-7 overnight hold.

Can't get a pic that shows all three tests for progression because they are so faint and old now...but I'll post what I did get in another reply after this one.

Soooo glad I'm going into docs tomorrow, but nervous that they won't get a + since they use cheapies like mine.

Would it be totally crazy for me to bring a frer with me and dip it in the same sample I give them...just to prove to them I'm not crazy or seeing things at home???? Feeling a bit neurotic at this point I swear!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 104
This is the three tests I've taken since yesterday, top one is the first positive I got around 2 pm or so, the next was around 6 or 7 with a 2 hour hold (I drink a lot of water and coffee, so pee a lot!) and the bottom test is from this morning.

I don't think the lines from the top two tests even show up in the pic, hard for me to see at least. What do you all see??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 102
I gotta say, I'm even doing the math in my head at this point!
Chances of false positives on 3 FRERs can't be THAT high..even from the same package, right?

And I've read they "CAN" read down to 6 miu of hcg, but do you think that's every test they make??
Could I simply have a high baseline hcg that they are picking up??

I think my cheapies are around 25 on sensitivity...so maybe I'm somewhere between 6 and 24, naturally?

But then, I've gotten negative FRERs too in the past months, so it can't it be my baseline??

I just know if they do bloods, it will take till mid next week for results because of it being a Friday IF they do bloods the same day...

I cannot tell you how confusing this all is, and WORRYING!!! Going by opks, I can't possibly have a + preg test yet...going by simply ovulating early doesn't explain the + opks, unless I ovulated twice, and then add in the timeframes of when we actually had sex, I don't see when I could have conceived any earlier in the month (IF I've even actually conceived!)

Ugh...add in the family stuff, just bought a house, getting our businesses going, I'm scared the stress alone will be harmful to any potential baby!!

I gave in to the crazy...again, lol!!

But this time, I went all or nothing!!

Got a 3 pack of frer, a 3 pack of EPT, and a Walmart cheapie....

Put one frer in WATER, one in urine, put one EPT in same urine, and did the Walmart cheapie in the same urine, aaaaannnnd-

I swear on all that's holy, the frer I put in water has a SUUUUPER faint, basically colorless (but color is like on the edge of vision I swear!!) positive result!!! What???

The frer in urine came up with the same + line as the rest have, and the EPT and Walmart cheapie are very negative (Walmart cheapie antibody strip is kinda visible, but barely, so I'm calling it a good test since no color).

Damn FRERs!!! I think others are totally right, and they give nothing but false positives!!! Is ANYONE getting a negative on a frer these days?? Like a real one??

After reading the reviews on Amazon, I'm thinking that company should be sued!! It's like they test for URINE, and NOT hcg....as long as it's wet with pee, it's positive!

This is very strange... I hope its just a miracle baby in there tho! Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->