positives AND negatives??? Anybody else?

alanan27

Reaction score
So I gave birth to my 3rd child on June 24th. I had my first period on July 27th. My bf and I had unprotected sex the 5th and 7th of august and i ovulated approx around the 8th. On the 12th I had spotting. I felt like it could have been implantation bleeding since I'm not due for my period until the 24th approx. On the 15th I tested way too early I know, but I just couldn't wait. Both FRERs were positive..faint, but positive. They were not evaps for sure and yes the lines came up under 3mins. The next day I decided to test with the same brand but both seemed negative. I then bought Answer the next day and both were negative. I'm freaking out now that it was a chemical pregnancy. I know you can have hcg in your system 4-6 weeks after birth, but i have already gotten my first cycle and was 7 and half weeks Pp when i got the positives. I have also read that tests even in the same box or same brand but different lots can have slightly different levels of sensitivity. So I am hoping that it was just a sensitivity difference in the same brand and not a chem preg since I tested wayyy too early. Today I am still 7 days before fmp. Has this happened to anybody else? Same test brands but getting negatives after positives yet you were still preg?

Good luck hun! I hope someone is able to come along and help you out. Sorry did not just want to read and run. I have no experience with this so I am not of much use.

wait and retest. 15th would have been 7dpo and it's a miracle by itself that you already got a BFP then!

HPTs are sensitive to how much you drink, even time of the day in those early days so it's possible to have both BFPs and BFNs especially if you're still a week before your period.

It could also be that by some chance you caught the last day of your post-partum HCG in the system. it takes a while for it to drop. i know when i lost my angel baby, both i and quite some ladies on this forum were waiting for a couple of weeks until it was totally gone.
so i presume that after a successful pregnancy you could still find it at 7 weeks, even with a period. our bodies don't follow textbooks so i wouldn't exclude this as a possibility either.

good luck! i hope you get the outcome you want!

Thanks guys! I don't think anything really follows text books I suppose..unfortunately. I think I will just wait until the day I am suppose to start my period and test then..unless AF comes.

FX for you hun! Keep us updated! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"