possible 2nd girl otw

cnsweeney

Reaction score
okay so I wasn't planning on posting a thread on here but now I cant help it. need to vent and cant really do it to my friends or family . I don't want them thinking I don't want this baby or something. I have a 5 year old from a previous relationship. shes a girl. I wanted her to be a boy but that quickly changed when I found out she was a girl. I wouldn't have it any other way. loved having a little girl to do the mommy daughter stuff with and dressing up in the cutest clothes. now im with someone else and he is great. he treats her like his own and she considers him a father figure. I have know him for 7 years and we have been together for 2 years and with him being 30 with no children we decided it was time to try for our first together. we both wanted a boy considering we have a daughter already. & I would think of all people he would deserve a son. & for a while I thought it was a boy and I think we got our hopes up. until yesterday I went for a sono and caught a glimpse of the genital area and im 98% sure he is a she. I told dh since he wasn't able to come and he kept telling me to shut up (jokingly)and when I got serious about it and told him I was worried he would be disappointed he reminded me he would be thrilled either way but I know deep down he will be disappointed because I will be too. & I hate saying that. Im trying in my head to overcome it and think of a newborn girl laying on my chest with a bow on her head and all the cute 'daddys lil girl' stuff but its hard because ive been there already. I want a mommys boy and a boy to take to football practice and stuff. I was starting to get used to the thought of a little sister for my daughter ( who only wants a girl ) until my brother told me him and his wife are having a boy. its their first and its what they wanted. I cried a little. and am so angry now. I know I shouldn't be because just 5 months ago I just wanted a positive pregnancy test and I know so many ppl cant have children at all. so im sorry I just need to vent that's all. I know ill love her all the same its just a little disappointing because now im scared the 3rd will be very gutwrenching if I don't get our boy that time around. :( I kinda just feel like im letting dh down . I know he doesn't feel that way but I do and I cant help it.

I felt exactly the same as you do when I was pregnant with my second except for the fact that I already had a little boy and wanted a little girl. When we went for our 20 week scan we decided to stay team yellow but we both came away pretty certain we were having another boy which we did. I love my boys to pieces obviously and after suffering a mc previously I know how heartbreaking and difficult pregnancy can be but it still didn't stop me feeling sad about not getting my little girl. We still haven't decided on whether to have a third or not but if we end up with 3 boys I know I will be devastated and that feeling is what is putting me off having another. I wish there was a logical explanation for feeling like it or an easy way to make it go away, I wouldn't change my boys for the world but I get so upset hearing of another friend who has a girl

Thank you so much . I hate feeling like this but it's all I think about. Part of me gets excited to try again for a boy and use all the proven 'swaying' methods and pray it works .. But then I get that knot in my stomach.. What if it doesn't ? Dh told me last night 3 is his limit and as much as I would wanna keep going till i get my boy i couldn't imagine the 3rd or 4th being a girl . I would feel so bad for dh . Even though I know they say it's the males sperm that determines the sex I feel I have something to do with it. Oh well.. Too much thinking I guess! I think my brothers boy announcement is what tipped me over the edge .

I thought of trying all the gender swaying methods if we tried again too but I'm afraid if we do and it still doesn't work I'd feel even more devastated.

I too wish I didn't feel like this, it makes me like a horrible mother

well turns out I am in fact having another girl. but I am okay with it. not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I think my fear is the same as yours. I am okay with 2 girls but I am terrified of having 3 and still not having my boy. but I don't think I could stand not trying at least. I will probably become one of those extreme gender swayers ..lol but I need to know I have tried everything I could to achieve a boy. anything you can recommend about having a boy since you have 2?
I know with my girls I do have an acidic vaginal pH. I also dtd every single day with #2. and with #1 it was a few days before ovulation. I also LOVE milk..and apparently to have boys u should reduce your calcium intake. OOPS. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->