Possible Miscarriage??

hopefulfamily

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar to my situation. My hubby and I have been ttc for 2 and a half years we have done IUIs and clomid and now acupuncture and herbs and for the first time ever I had a positive pregnancy test!! If nothing else at least we are moving in the right direction! But sadly my HCG level are so low and have dropped by 50%. My doc said that it is so early (4 weeks and 4 days) that I can't stress myself out but I will probably have a miscarriage. I am devastated! It has taken so long to get here and now it may be taken away. But I have had very little to almost no cramping and no spotting or bleeding at all. Am I just waiting for a miscarriage or is there a possibility that this could turn into a viable pregnancy? If anyone has any information for me I would be so grateful!!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar to my situation. My hubby and I have been ttc for 2 and a half years we have done IUIs and clomid and now acupuncture and herbs and for the first time ever I had a positive pregnancy test!! If nothing else at least we are moving in the right direction! But sadly my HCG level are so low and have dropped by 50%. My doc said that it is so early (4 weeks and 4 days) that I can't stress myself out but I will probably have a miscarriage. I am devastated! It has taken so long to get here and now it may be taken away. But I have had very little to almost no cramping and no spotting or bleeding at all. Am I just waiting for a miscarriage or is there a possibility that this could turn into a viable pregnancy? If anyone has any information for me I would be so grateful!!

I'm sorry you're going through this heartache. If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers and what were the intervals they were taken?

Awww this is so sad :-( I don't know what to say at all that will offer any comfort. I'd just, if I was you, prepare yourself for the worst but bear in mind it is very early days and anything can happen xoxo

They were 17.5 and then 8.8. So very very low even for being only 4 weeks and 2 days and then 4 weeks and 4 days. I still have almost no cramps and no bleeding.

You may not cramp and you might just bleed like a normal period at some point. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies where my hcg never got above 1000 before it started dropping and I didn't really cramp with either of those. In my own personal experience I've never had a pregnancy continue once the hcg started dropping. I've had 2 chemicals and 3 miscarriages. I'm really sorry.

Thank you everyone for commenting and sharing your stories. I am so sorry that you have had to go through this before. Heres to hoping that it works out for all of us!

I know someone who had HCG levels that dropped in early pregnancy and go on to deliver a healthy baby boy, but I know that is rarer.

In my own personal experience, my when my HCG levels did not double, it always meant an impending miscarriage. Sometimes it took a few days to a week for it to happen. :(

I'm really sorry this is happening to you, but fingers crossed.

Thank you so much! I feel like I know that I am just waiting for the miscarriage but I don't want to believe it. Thank you for giving me hope though!

:( I'm sorry your going through this. Unfortunately it sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. Time will tell. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->