possible? no pics

PreggyEggy

Reaction score
Hey :wacko: not been on this forum for many years...

Bit of background, not seen my boyfriend since last month. DTD loads, (obvs haha :happydance:) but not TTC. I had a period since them, but it was strange. It was early, really sudden, very heavy, and lasted just a day and a half. I'm due on the start of next month.

I'd have symptoms this month that have made me test. I had some really odd spotting a couple of days ago, which never happens. I've had cramps for a few days like I had in both previous pregnancies, and I've been feeling sick.

I did a test, there was 2 clear lines!! though one was fainter then the other for maybe 3 or 4 minutes. BUT...I'd accidentally pushed the clear window in on the test. I took it apart and the second line slowly faded.

Considering I'd be something like 6 weeks if I was PG, it's a negative right? The line wouldn't fade??

Am i going to have to buy another test? :dohh:

I would get yourself a digi to know for sure! FXd for you x

I’d buy another test. If you truly are 6 weeks, it could be the hook effect as well. Good luck!

I’d buy another test. If you truly are 6 weeks, it could be the hook effect as well. Good luck!

what's the hook effect?

is it possible to screw up the dye on a test with too much wee? People here know way more then me!

Tomorrow is the earliest I can get another test :wacko:

Hook effect is when your hormones reach a certain point and it can cause the test line to be very faint - some women notice it when they test repeatedly and will see the line start to fade after being really dark.

Yes, you can oversaturate a test but I’m not sure whether or not that would cause a second line to appear.

I’d buy a couple tests just in case - To see if it’s hook effect, you can use a more diluted sample of urine.

Good luck!

Well I did do a second test a few days later, and that was a clear negative so I put it out of my mind. I stopped having cramps and other symptoms.

Now my period is 4 days late! I don't know what to do :(

Yeah, but surely the other tests would have been accurate? Given that when we did it, it was August. I'm just driving myself up the wall I think. I would never have thought I was at all if I hadn't have had the symptoms I had a few weeks ago, it was exactly the same as when I had my two children, and what caused me to test...I've never missed a period before so I just came here to rant I suppose.

I want to book a doctors appointment but feel like they might think I'm wasting time :/ I suppose I will if my period doesn't turn up by next week.

Definitely book a Dr's appointment as they can help :hugs:

Well I guess if your concerned and your period hasn’t turned up in the next few days then I’d go. Would seem strange to have such a short bleed and then this?? It’s not wasting time if you feel as though something is up x

Get a digital. If you think you’re around 6 weeks you’d have it in writing if you’re pregnant or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->