Possible Polyp in Uterus (IUI)

mrsberries

Reaction score
So In December right before my first IUI the doctor tells me she sees something that could be a polyp in my uterus. Not sure how it was missed because I had a HSG a few months before. She said we would go ahead with the IUI and look farther into it in January. She wasn't 100% certain of what it was, I don't believe anyway. So I ended up with a BFN.

Fast forward to now, I'm going for a baseline Friday to start IUI #2 . I'm so confused of what this appointment will really be now.

Anyone in a similar situation? so confused ..:wacko:

going tomorrow morning, anyone know what might be done if they see the polyp again tomorrow?

If they find a significant uterine polyp they may suggest you arrange a hysteroscopy in order to determine exactly what it is and if it can be removed. Scans can only determine so much and they really need to get a camera up there! Polyps can, depending on size, inhibit implantation.

Polyps come and go and fingers crossed whatever it was has gone and you can go ahead with your IUI!

If they find a significant uterine polyp they may suggest you arrange a hysteroscopy in order to determine exactly what it is and if it can be removed. Scans can only determine so much and they really need to get a camera up there! Polyps can, depending on size, inhibit implantation.

Polyps come and go and fingers crossed whatever it was has gone and you can go ahead with your IUI!
Thanks for the response! So had my U/S this morning. Polyp still hanging out. So Monday the doctors is going to give me a dye test in my uterus only ( had tubes checked in September 2015 already) She said if its a polyp for sure than she would send me for a d&c .. any advice on any of this?

ps obviously didn't go ahead with the iui this month

I had a huge polyp and some polypoids, it was fully diagnosed using saline infusion u/s, forgot the technical term. Got a d&c to clean it all up. Took me another year to get pregnant after the surgery but that was partly because DH and I lived separately for a while.

Good luck. I read that after polypectomy, most women can get pregnant quickly. My FS said because the uterus gets a good clean so implantation is optimal.

I had a huge polyp and some polypoids, it was fully diagnosed using saline infusion u/s, forgot the technical term. Got a d&c to clean it all up. Took me another year to get pregnant after the surgery but that was partly because DH and I lived separately for a while.

Good luck. I read that after polypectomy, most women can get pregnant quickly. My FS said because the uterus gets a good clean so implantation is optimal.
That sounds promising! one thing at a time I guess :)

I had a polyp removed with a d&c right before starting my IVF journey. They started me right into a cycle and unfortunately I got a BFN. I did however get pregnant 2 months later with a fresh cycle. Good luck to you. The surgery is just a quick outpatient surgery. My doctor said I woke up from the anesthesia asking if I could see my tic tac. Lol.

I had a polypectomy/hysteroscopy in August to remove a polyp. While doing the surgery, they found there was also a fibroid in my uterus, so removed that as well. Surgery was easy, felt good afterwards. Got AF at regular time. Then, the next cycle lasted about 60 days as I didn't ovulate until super late. I called the dr office once AF was late and the nurse told me cycles can be wonky for several months afterwards. (The next cycle was back to normal for me.) She also told me not to do our next IUI until a normal post-surgery cycle happens. Just be aware that it may -- or may not -- take a while for things to get back to normal. GL to you!

P.S. Hi Blythe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->