Possible Pregnancy/Miscarriage? (Info Heavy)

IvyRLeague

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this is in the right part of the forum - direct me elsewhere if needed! I apologize in advance - this is long and I write a lot when I am anxious.

My partner and I have not been trying to have a baby. Rather, we've been waiting until the right time as we both just had personal things happen in our work lives. Right now, this post is more out of peace of mind for me. I just need to talk about it somewhere. Get some feedback.

Initially I was on Depo-Provera from January 2016 until the end of June 2016 going into July, when I decided to go off of it and swap to another form. However, we hit hard times and personal things happened. So we swapped to using condoms for protection...most of the time. We had this bad tendency of not using them out of habit (as I'd been on the shot for so long). So, awkward sex info aside, we were being safe but not entirely safe - it is entirely possible that I could end up pregnant.

Fast forward. My body was still adjusting to coming off the shot so my periods were a bit wonky but settled around September to how they were before. I thought it was a bit fast but shrugged it off as nothing. I continue tracking my cycle through September and into October. Well, the date of my cycle comes and I'm not even cramping in the slightest. Again, I shrug it off as adjusting to being off the shot still. I wind up four days late. I decided to test and it comes out negative. This is where it gets weird.

I am blind as a bat. My vision is horrid when it comes to seeing much of anything - particularly faint things. So I shucked the pregnancy test without thinking about telling my partner (since it was negative and we weren't trying - I just didn't think about it). Well, he notices the test and comes to me with it and it's positive. You had to tilt and angle it to see but it was a very faint positive. That was on the fifteenth. Now I didn't really trust it because I wasn't sure how long it took for the positive to show, yada yada yada...all that fun stuff. So I go get another two sets of tests from two separate companies (Clearblue and First Response). These were, as well, positive.

The next day, I started my period. I am currently still on my period and have been bleeding for about four days - though I'm fairly sure it stopped today as it's just minimal spotting now. The first day it hurt abnormally worse than usual. There was also a lot more bleeding. However, it has been much redder and thinner. There isn't really any clotting which I am extremely prone to doing with my periods. I've been using the bathroom significantly more as well. I'm quite literally going to the bathroom every ten to twenty minutes versus the every few hours that I usually do. And it is a lot every time. Just a side note that I thought I'd add as it is out of the normal.

Now I'm in the mind that I do need to go to the doctor. But I need someone's thoughts sooner than I can get in. I'm already scheduled. So I'm just playing the waiting game and trying not to go crazy.

What are your thoughts on this? I am thinking that I've had a chemical pregnancy or that I've had decidual bleeding. Though decidual bleeding only happens for a day or two so I've been leaning towards the former. I just need someone's thoughts on this before I drive myself crazy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to sift through this and give me your thoughts.

I am so sorry you don't know what is going on. I had a mc at 7 weeks and the bleeding was bad, tons of clots anf was very heavy. The cramping was pretty bad as well. I don't really have any advice for you except to see a dr which you are already doing. Now are you having to change your pad/tampon every hour or anything? If this is the case then you need to get to a hospital and see whats going on. Good luck and keep us updated.

I am so sorry you don't know what is going on. I had a mc at 7 weeks and the bleeding was bad, tons of clots anf was very heavy. The cramping was pretty bad as well. I don't really have any advice for you except to see a dr which you are already doing. Now are you having to change your pad/tampon every hour or anything? If this is the case then you need to get to a hospital and see whats going on. Good luck and keep us updated.

Unfortunately, if it is a chemical pregnancy, then it all happened fast and I just got unlucky with knowing. It hurt too much at first for me to be able to wear tampons so I opted for pads. I had to change once after putting on a fresh one within an hour. There was a lot of blood quite literally everywhere as it had soaked through. We considered going to the doctor immediately but I jumped into the tub to wash off first. After that one occurrence, it slacked down to normal period bleeding - if only a bit heavier. So we decided to hold of since I had an appointment scheduled for the 21st and it didn't appear to be worse. I was able to start changing at a normal pace after that and the pain receded.

I'll find out later today what was going on. Whether I got false positives and it is an entirely different health issue, if I'm still carrying or if I had a chemical pregnancy. I sort of already know. Call it an instinct. I just need confirmation.

Thank you so much for your reply. You've helped ease my anxiety - if even a little.

Please keep us updated after your appointment. Hope all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->