Possible pregnancy - please help!

Dakota1

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post so be nice haha. Im not even sure if I have put this in the right place but here it goes!...

I do not want to bore people but basically long story short:
- I ran out of contraceptive pills before I had my last period (mid-late December). So I stopped bleeding a couple days before Xmas and did not have any more pills to take.
- I got engaged Christmas day and had completely unprotected sex 2 times (possibly Xmas day and boxing day)
- In a panic I went to the doctor to get a morning after pill (EllaOne) and as far as I know I right right on the 92 hour deadline.
- I have not had a period this month, I have had teeny bits of spotting like a week after my period was due. (Well I assume it was due, I have been on the pill for a while now so I don't really know what my actual cycle is or how long it lasts).
- I have taken 2 pregnancy tests (a Sainsburys cheapy one a couple weeks ago, and a ClearBlue one a few days ago), which were both negative.

I guess my main question is, is there a chance I may be pregnant and the hormones in the EllaOne are masking it in a way? I'd be nearly 6 weeks pregnant towards the end of the week, surely it would show on a test by now? I guess I do feel a bit queesy and 'funny', but I think that is more my mind playing tricks on my/my brain hoping I am!

I don't really know how fertile you are a few days after you have stopped bleeding.You will have to excuse me if this sounds really stupid but I do not really know anything about the menstrual cycle etc. So any kind of help or advice would be great.

Many thanks

Well you could still be earlier than you think, which might be why the tests are negative. And I tested with a ClearBlue before and it gave me a false negative, so I'll never test with that brand again (FRERs are my trusted ones!). The morning after pill could have messed with your cycle, and that's why you're late. Your body could also still be adjusting to coming off the pill. If you're really worried, see if you can get a blood test done at the doctor's. Congrats on your engagement! :flower:

As what kitteh said, I would get a blood test done. Good luck. :)

I wouldn't think you were pregnant, it would be at least 4 weeks since conception from those dates and your hcg would be quite high by now so would show on a test
If your not sure you could retest with a FRER or get a blood test but I don't think there is any pill that masks a pregnancy on a test
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"