Possible silent reflux - can you help?

Noodlejuice

Mum to 3, expecting #4!
Reaction score
I suspect Jasper may have silent reflux - he wont sleep for more than ten minutes lying down, even when being cuddled, very hiccupy, clearly uncomfortable after feeds etc. I've experienced colic with my daughter and don't think this is it; he's very windy and we're using colief, but this doesn't seem colicky to me. Going to talk to HV tomorrow, but would really appreciate the advice of ladies who've been here; I often disagree with the advice my slightly overbearing HV tries to enforce and would like to make informed decisions!

If Jazzy was my only baby it'd be fine to let him sleep upright on me...but I have two more children! Charlie is at home with me and, at just over 2yrs, needs a lot of attention too. I can't hold Jasper all the time...I'm looking at baby carriers/wraps/slings but I cant wear him constantly - Charlie needs cuddles too!

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with reflux symptoms (different milk, methods of feeding, sleep positions etc)? Jasper is formula fed on aptamil with Dr. Browns bottles, if that makes any difference.

Thanks all xxx

Try elevating his matteress at the head end with a pillow underneath it. My daughter also slept in her bouncy chair a lot when she was little.

Try to change his nappy before a feed and keep him upright for at least 20 mins afterwards

T was on prescribed formula as a baby but she sti suffered so I'm not entirely sure that worked. She also had a milk thickener and ranitodene. It may be better to speak to your GP.

Good luck
Jo xx

Good advice above and you can also try feeding in a more upright position which might be a little easier as LO gets a bit bigger.

Also we were prescribed gaviscon which was a miracle for us, it didnt cure the reflux but along with the Dr Browns bottles made life a little easier. :flower:

As the others have said, raised mattress, hold upright for 20 mins after feeding, rub don't pat while burping, infant Gaviscon can help but the side effects can ge just as unpleasant as the reflux.

For madam I find splitting feeds up can help, we feed, burp, nappy/bath, feed, burp, sleep.
Also wearing her helps

Hi hun Matthew had these symptoms too and it turned out that he has how's milk protein allergy and has been prescribed aptamil pepti formula. it helped so much that he was like a different child. You should ask your hv or gp about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->