Possible subchorionic bleed - should I worry?

Teach123

Reaction score
Hi all,

Its been over three years since I was last in first tri and am very excited to be back.

I only found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago after having what I thought was a period and then a day of mid cycle bleeding which was strange so I did a test which immediately came up with a nice dark line.

According to my dates I am 8 weeks. I went for a private scan the other day to confirm everything as I was worried due to the bleed and she found a large area which she said was a possible subchorionic bleed and would explain my mid cycle bleeding (SInce that day I have only had one or two brown spots) Anyway she said it should resolve itself and either I would bleed or it would absorb into the body. Everything was where it should be we saw the heartbeat and baby was measuring in line with my dates.

However, I was looking at the report earlier and noticed the size of the area which seems enormous 80mmx33mx1.6mm Does anyone have any experience of subchorionic bleeding that can shed some light on my chances?!

Ive gone from being really relaxed about this pregnancy to panicking and trying not to spend the rest of the day googling!

I completely understand your concern but try not best not to worry to much.

When I was pregnant with my son, I had a massive bleed at 12 weeks and despite a (stupid) doctor telling me I was having a mc when examining me, a scan next day showed a healthy baby. My SCH was 8cm at its widest point and I bled continuously for 4 weeks. The bled finally resolved itself when I was around 26 weeks and I had a healthy baby boy 10 weeks later x

Thank you for your reply. It is good to know that you went on to have a successful pregnancy with one a similar size to me.

The lady scanning me didn't seem overally worried by it but hard not to question everything at this stage!

I understand that completely! I googled like a crazy woman for months :blush:

I currently have one although I don't have information that you don't already have. They found mine about a week ago and although I don't know the measurements, I guess it's large.
Pretty much just a wait and see. I had a slight bleed followed by brown blood for 2 days. No bleeding since.
It's miserable.

I was diagnosed with an SCH at 9 weeks, a small one...so not a ton of bleeding...but, I have a friend that had a very large SCH and ended up soaking through her pants during a bad bleed...her son is currently 2 yrs old!

From what my dr said, it's usually not anything to worry about. They normally resolve themselves before 20 weeks, easier said then done, but try not to worry too much. Rest as much as possible and don't do anything too strenuous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->