Possible to be 2w4days off?

Laska5

Reaction score
I'm sort of regretting doing this now but my husband works for an ER & had a friend who is a US tech do an abdominal US for us today- unofficially just for fun. I was hoping to see the heartbeat for some reassurance to announce our pregnancy.
According to my dates, I'm suppose to be 9 weeks but baby measured 6.3 & she couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm not feeling very positive right now about this. If the dating is accurate- there's no way baby is still alive because the dates of when I received my BFP just don't add up. I know abdominal's could be wrong & inaccurate.

Anyone else had experiences like this? How accurate are abdominal US this early? I feel so hopeless right now!

I'm in the exact same boat..I know that I know that I know when I ovulated (opk kits) and when we were intimate...so with those dates I 7 and a half weeks ish...and I'm measuring 5 and a half...I am spotting tho but not much cramping...and now we sit and wait for a ultrasound on August 14...also getting blood taken for checking levels...the waiting game is brutal just wanna know either way...not feeling at all optimistic unfortunately...I will be stalking to see how your doing..

Unfortunately for me my news wasn't good. I should have been 7 weeks and measured 5. A scan a week later showed marginal growth but not enough and it was declared an MMC. Prior to that I had a scan at 9 weeks and baby measured 6+3 ish with no HB. That was also diagnosed as an MMC at 11 weeks.

However I have seen ladies be sure on dates and baby catch up <3 I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I'm sorry you're going through an uncertain time

:flow:

I'm not certain when I ovulated, I didn't want to obsess with tracking it & just wanted to let nature do it's thing. But I received a BFP on June 29th, so even if I ovulated a little late, I should at least be 7.5 weeks or so.

I'm sure August 14th seems so far away for you. Hoping that your baby bean is doing fine in there!

I think I have mentally prepared myself that it's over and if that ultrasound shows something different I will be pleasantly surprised...

I think I have mentally prepared myself that it's over and if that ultrasound shows something different I will be pleasantly surprised...

my husband & I are preparing ourselves for that too. We'll see what the midwife says tomorrow. :cry::cry:

Be sure to come back and update us please...good to know we aren't alone in this journey..my biggest thing I need to do is to stay off google..

Abdominal ultrasounds aren't accurate this early. Everything could be totally fine.

Hi laska,
Im so sorry you are going through this, as well as you nicoley.

I too am 9 weeks, as of yesterday. I had an abdominal US when i was 7 and 1 and was able to see a hb. I did measure 2 days early, but you should be able to see a hb by 7 weeks. Not all US probes are the same strength but if you used one from a hospital i would think it would be a good one.
I hope your midwife can offer some insight for you. Sending well wishes that you get the answers youre looking for.

Sadly I had a similar experience in last year and it didn't turn out the way I hoped it to be. A scan at the date you had it are usually quite accurate. Xxx

Dates can be out if you ovulated later then you thought. For me going by my lmp I'd be 8+5 but I ovulate late in my cycle so if I went by ovulation I'd be 6+1.

I really hope that the midwife sends you for another scan and you come back with positive news.x

I woke up this morning & my boobs hurt worse than ever! I'm hoping that's a good sign. Anyone know when symptoms start to subside if you've had a miscarriage?

I called the midwife before my appointment & told her the situation. She agreed that we should do an official TV ultrasound to see what's going on. She says I've either got my dates wrong (which doesn't make any sense because my periods are regular) or I've miscarried. I bawled like a baby when I got off the phone with her. I'm just fearing the worst at this point. I haven't had any bleeding so that is one good sign. They couldn't get me in for an ultrasound until tomorrow at 4! Ug! It's the same hospital where my husband works so I might see if he can pull some strings & get me in sooner! Mondays are always the busiest hospital days though.

Ok - so we were able to move up our appointment in about an hour!

If it's possible you're only 7 weeks then an abdominal ultrasound might not be reliable, I had an abdominal at 7+3, and she said she could see 'something' but because I had a tilted uterus she couldn't be sure what she was seeing, when she gave me a transvaginal scan there was our little baby with a heartbeat.

Thank you ladies for checking on me!

We didn't really get any of the answers I was hoping for. baby still measuring small but 1 day bigger than yesterday & still unable to detect heartbeat. I'll return in a week for a second ultrasound. I'm also getting an hcg test done.

Just read your thread laska hope you get to hear your little cutie's HB the next scan! If you ovulate a couple days later could you be weeks earlier than you think?

I had a mmc in Feb, baby was measuring 6+2 with no hb and I should have been 8 weeks. However they made me wait a week before they would confirm a mc because they said that I could have my dates wrong and the baby might still grow and develop a hb. For me I was 100% on my dates wo i knew that wouldn't happen, but at that stage it's just too early to call so it could still turn out ok. For me I still had pregnancy symptoms but they were not as strong and they slowly got less and less from when the baby had died so the fact yours are still going strong is encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"