possible UTI

kelly342000

Reaction score
i had two urine samples tested last week, one by midwife and another sent to lab, and both have come back saying is red and white blood cells in there. doc wants me to take in another sample before giving me anti biotics, as i am not sure if i have UTI symptoms. have never had one before and never been pg before so dont know what is normal! should i be insisting they give me anti biotics? i am already being monitored for baby's growth as she is on the small side and am worried infection could make things worse,
thanks,

Try not to worry a UTI can be cleared up in ten days or so, They probably just want to check it so id say go for it with the sample but ask about antibiotics while you do that. I have had a UTI normally before pregnancy and it hurt like hell to pee etc, but i had one bout 8 weeks ago and i didnt feel like i had one symptom at all.. so you could have a UTI with no symptoms. but its just a short course it wont affect the baby!

thanks! will hopefully get results back today or tmrw. will ask for antiobiotics just to be on safe side i think as i am now getting pains in my lower back, which OH says are in kidney area, don't know if that is symptom of UTI but will ask doc when i speak to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->