Possibly the most stupid question ever

red_head

Reaction score
Having just paid £15 for some sperm friendly lube (we don't even actually need, but willing to try anything!) I just had a stupid weird thought; I'm being monitored this cycle on clomid. Scan on Tuesday, ovulating soon after (anything from 2 to 9 days depending on what clomid does to my cycle). Anyway, since sperm can live for up to 5 days inside the lady bits, I'm just worried about the lube they use at the hospital for the internal scan? Does that stay around up there too (and obviously I will shower straight after but I don't douche as that's really bad for you)? Is it damaging to sperm? If I ovulate early I don't want that to be the reason we're unsuccessful. Or if we dtd soon after, I don't want damaged sperm hanging round for 5 days either, and then possibly having a miscarriage from dodgy sperm! I'm sure the hospital would have thought about this but you never know!

I thought about this before, and took sperm friendly lube along to my appt and asked them to use that instead, for the exam. I'm sure they thought I was crazy but I didn't care!

The clinic I go to doesn't use lube when you are close to your O, they use water. They tell me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->