Post coital test

Harleyquinn

Reaction score
Hello!
I've kind of lurked around the ttc #1 boards but I would also like to join this board =)

So far I have had a general hormone panel done by my normal OB (not the one at CD3) and she said my hormones looked fine....also had an ultrasound which they said didn't show any polyps, cysts or fibroids

DH had a SA which the dr said was great

This morning I had the Post Coital test ...while looking at it the dr mentioned there were a lot of cells..when we looked at the slide together I saw there were a lot of swimmers...but a good percentage of them were being blocked by cells in my CM..I asked him if that was unusual and he said that might just be how my CM is....he mentioned we may have to look at IUI.....

Are my results unusual??

He said I'm ovulating and is going to do a blood draw to check progesterone levels next week

I've never had this test done. Was it done during your fertile time? CM is actually hostile to sperm at every other time other than your fertile time. Our body does more to not get pregnant oddly enough. We have such a short window of time.

If it was during your fertile time then it would mean you don't have CM that is hospitable to sperm and so IUI would bypass that.

Thanks for the reply! It was done during ovulation...I know I've read it can be difficult to time this test right but the dr seemed confident it was timed correctly...I'm supposed to go get my progesterone levels checked next week ...and at some point I think he wants to do an HSG test.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->