POST COULD BE WORRISOME TO SOME!! - Irrational fears about childbirth?!

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I feel this is the right place to post this as the forum isn't just for positive posts but also topics that may worry us.

I keep having a horrible dream that I die in childbirth!! Its horrible and now its actually starting to worry me!!

Am i the only one who worries about this?!

Please tell me Im being stupid?!!!

Its kinda ruining the run up to labour for me :cry:

Oh hun I have the same fears! :hugs::hugs: I keep getting nightmares about something going wrong during labor or something being wrong with the baby...our anxieties show up in our dreams to mess with us :cry::hugs:

It's perfectly normal to be scared and have fears...but try to keep in mind that severe complications these days are rare :thumbup: just look at all the wonderful threads in third tri where women go into labor and then come back and say everything went fine! :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

It will all be fine hun! x try to ignore the dreams during the day and tell yourself that it's just your fears messing with you :hugs:

It's a very natural feeling and this is a great post as it allows us all to see that we share the same fears.
I worry that something will happen to baby before she arrives :(. I had a traumatic experience with my first child when I was 18 and hemoridged badly loosing 6 pints of blood. The hospitals are amazing and in this day and age we are pretty safe. Yet we all still have these consern xxxx

I keep watching programmes such as the midwifes which was on the other night. That programme is FULL of complications and just scares me to death watching it(why do I watch lol?). If you didn't see it a lady nearly bled to death ahh. I know the EXACT feeling. I'm also terrified of the pain/tears ect. Safe to say I'm really not looking forward to birth although I'll be happy once I've done it as I strangely want the experience lol.

I had dreams like this when I was pregnant with ds.
They freaked me out bad. I think it was just fear that I couldn't do it. Sorry you are having them:(

Thanks for all your reassurance ladies!! Sorry we're all feeling the same! I also have that horrible feeling of not getting to meet my daughter. You think its because its so close?

:hugs:

I think it's cos it's close yes:) I wanted my boy so much so it dragged.. Now I'm worried it's flying haha x

Just think. Thirst babies are the start of a lifetime I worry for us haha x

You worry when your pregnant, you worry about childbirth, you worry if your doing it right when they are born, you worry when they have a weird poo or cough or sneeze a few times and so on.
Basically being a mother means worrying becomes a normal part of your day. Your never alone in your thoughts when you have a child.

As for being worried about childbirth thats so totally normal. You will be fine!

I'm sorry but the worry never ends. My eldest is 21 and a mum and I worry about her xx

I haven't had any about labor. I surprisingly haven't thought much about it. I guess because logically I know it's going to happen so why worry, which is weird, because normally I worry o_O

On secondhand, all mine have been where my ex of 2 years/baby daddy who took off with no explanation at 9 weeks comes back and I keep asking him why he left? So I think logically my mind is more fudged up with that :3

But I do wish you luck. Just think about your gorgeous little angel and how it'll be worth it!!

I have the same fears- it actually stems from DH being so awesome and falling in love all over again- I'm afraid to destroy his world... He tells me to not think negatively but it still pops in my head occasionally

I'm sorry but the worry never ends. My eldest is 21 and a mum and I worry about her xx

:dohh: This reminds me so much of my mom :haha:. I'm 22, and about to be a mom and she still worries about me. (Not that I mind, I love my mom a lot! She's awesome lol) One day my baby wasn't moving very much, and I called her freaking out. Although she did calm me down she was kind of laughing a bit. I asked her why, and she said the whole "Your day has finally come. You always thought I was so silly for worrying about you, now look at yourself!"

Like the other PP said - I think worrying is just normal when you become a mom. I don't have the fears of dying in child birth, but I do have the fears of my baby being stillborn A LOT. :nope:

I'm only in second tri and I'm already crapping myself. I bled both times and I'm terrified of it happening again. They told me after my first birth I would have died if I wasn't in hospital :( I been scared since I first got those two little pink lines. I believe my first thought was oh god it's in there now it has to come out!

:dohh: This reminds me so much of my mom :haha:. I'm 22, and about to be a mom and she still worries about me. (Not that I mind, I love my mom a lot! She's awesome lol) One day my baby wasn't moving very much, and I called her freaking out. Although she did calm me down she was kind of laughing a bit. I asked her why, and she said the whole "Your day has finally come. You always thought I was so silly for worrying about you, now look at yourself!"

Like the other PP said - I think worrying is just normal when you become a mom. I don't have the fears of dying in child birth, but I do have the fears of my baby being stillborn A LOT. :nope:[/QUOTE

I was there when my daughter had her 1st child but for her second it was just her and her oh (rightly so) But i was a nervous wreck worrying about my daughter and that she was ok xx
Your mum sounds lovely xx

my mother suffered from a 3rd or 4th degree prolapsed uterus while giving birth to me. she bled out while waiting for a blood transfusion. because of this i have been terrified to give birth my entire life. so much so i always said i would never have children. so when i found out i was pregnant i honestly spent the first 5 months freaking out and wondering if i made the right decision.
if something like that was to happen to me giving birth at least it's not the 80s so i think things would get sorted out a lot quicker than back then haha. so i don't really worry about it anymore.

Like the other PP said - I think worrying is just normal when you become a mom. I don't have the fears of dying in child birth, but I do have the fears of my baby being stillborn A LOT. :nope:

I was there when my daughter had her 1st child but for her second it was just her and her oh (rightly so) But i was a nervous wreck worrying about my daughter and that she was ok xx
Your mum sounds lovely xx

Thank you :). She definitely is. She said just like her, ill worry about my little girl until the day I take my very last breath! Which I don't doubt is true. While I wasn't exactly a HORRIBLE child, I was sort of rebellious, and she'd worry about me walking, going anywhere, etc. While the plans right now may change (My OH will be in the room when I have my baby,) my moms definitely volunteered to be there if anything happens and I told her I'd be more than happy to let her in the room :)

Very normal! I was terrified throughout my entire first pregnancy. I had nightmares of complications and dying from the moment I found out I was pregnant. I cried every night for days before I was supposed to be induced and even told my DH things to do if I happened to die. :haha: Looking back, I was really silly about it. I had a pretty good labor and a great delivery. Everything was fine!

Now that I'm pregnant with #2 I still get paranoid and worry about it, but know that I'm just being irrational.

I'm actually the same with other things as well, like flying. I have to fly all of the time and prior to getting on the plane I'm always sure I'm going to die on the flight!

I never actually did first time as I swore I'd be pregnant forever :haha: But this time I worry a lot. I won't go into detail of my labour because I don't want to scare anyone, but it wasn't nice and I ended up pretty ill from an infection.

They say second labours are normally better etc, etc but I know when I go into labour that I'll have a big panic! It's very normal :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->