Post Hsg!

dianndelto

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I just came back from my hsg.

I must say I didnt sleep for 2 days, I couldnt eat for 2 days. I was so scared last night I cried to sleep. But I was ready for the pain, I want this baby so much I was ready.

Got to the hospital, my doc was waiting for me inside.

I DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING! I had so much worst menstrual cramps than that! so crazy! I couldnt stop laughing after the test. my uterus and fallopian tubes were beautiful! no obstruction, nothing! I requested a copy of the pictures :)
He told me to ttc this month and he said its likely i could be pregnant in a couple of days! :)

If you have this schedule, dont be scared! :) its worth the relieve!

I'm so grateful that you have posted this! I'm supposed to go and get this done. However, the nurse hasn't called with my appointment date yet. Weird, I know. But I was nervous because I don't know anyone else who has had one done before. :hugs: I hope it helped you out sweetie

I'm so grateful that you have posted this! I'm supposed to go and get this done. However, the nurse hasn't called with my appointment date yet. Weird, I know. But I was nervous because I don't know anyone else who has had one done before. :hugs: I hope it helped you out sweetie

Girl, you have nothing to worry about. Call your nurse as soon as possible and tell her to hurry up! I called a bunch of times and she finally scheduled it for me. i was told it was very painful, and I didnt feel anything. I took 800 miligrams of ibupruphen like an hour before. My doctor told me to baby dance as much as I can in the next couple of days, cause it seems that the dye "cleans your insides" and sperm swims better and increases your chances of getting pregnant. Got an appointment for a beta for day 23 of my cycle.

My doctor was present because his office is in the hospital. He explained me everything he was doing. I freaked out for no reason. I think the most unconfortable part was when they put the clamp to open up the vagina. My doctor cleaned my cervix with an antibiotic to avoid infections. He used an oil based dye, which I was happily surprised because I read that the most common one is the water based but the oil based is better for "cleanup". He told me "if you can get through the pain of this test, you can give birth, if you cant do it, adopt!" I Love him, he is amazing!

Good luck to you! send me a message if you have any questions! ;)

I just came back from my hsg.

I must say I didnt sleep for 2 days, I couldnt eat for 2 days. I was so scared last night I cried to sleep. But I was ready for the pain, I want this baby so much I was ready.

Got to the hospital, my doc was waiting for me inside.

I DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING! I had so much worst menstrual cramps than that! so crazy! I couldnt stop laughing after the test. my uterus and fallopian tubes were beautiful! no obstruction, nothing! I requested a copy of the pictures :)
He told me to ttc this month and he said its likely i could be pregnant in a couple of days! :)

If you have this schedule, dont be scared! :) its worth the relieve!

Hi! I am new here, and I had an Hsg done in March. Thankfully mine came back clear as well, but unlike you I didn't get away pain free, lol. This is our 2nd month ttc, as we were traveling in April. Good luck to you!

question, did you have the HSg done just as a fertility test? Just wondering, I had to have one because of an ectopic.

[/QUOTE] Hi! I am new here, and I had an Hsg done in March. Thankfully mine came back clear as well, but unlike you I didn't get away pain free, lol. This is our 2nd month ttc, as we were traveling in April. Good luck to you!

question, did you have the HSg done just as a fertility test? Just wondering, I had to have one because of an ectopic.[/QUOTE]

I have mild PCOS and the doctor wanted to make sure blocked tubes or abnormal uterus wasnt the problem. I was really lucky it didnt hurt. I was shaking!. He even said that its rare I didnt have any disconfort considering I have never been pregnant. He said child birth is going to be easy for me! I guess im lucky, I just need the baby now!

My sister had 2 ectopic pregnancies two years ago and she had the same test done for the ectopics..

Baby dust to you :)

Yea, you are super lucky, mine was awful even with taking a prescribed pain killer before. That's funny your doc said that, mine was like "oh you have such a tiny little cervix" lol, thanks doc, really needed to know that!! Sorry if TMI haha.

Best of luck to you and so glad everything came back A-ok! :happydance:

Oh!! That is so good to know :) Thanks for sharing.
I might have to go and get one done if nothing happens for us over the summer.

I would schedule it as soon as possible! it gives you peace of mind and increases your chances for the following 3 months my doctor said!
Baby dust to you ;):happydance:

I would schedule it as soon as possible! it gives you peace of mind and increases your chances for the following 3 months my doctor said!

Does it help encourage regular cycles?? Since coming off BCP it's been nada and I'm on CD48. I definitely have PCOS so that also affects my cycles. DH and I are headed to the gym tomorrow to start our workout routine. Need to lose weight too :\

hey Reba- I am not sure if it helps encourage reg cycles. I had to get one done due to a previous ectopic, and my doc wanted me to wait until my cycles were back to normal to get it done.

But, hey, I have no clue, so, maybe it will encourage regular cycles for ya! :) Best of luck to ya Reba!!!

Does it help encourage regular cycles?? Since coming off BCP it's been nada and I'm on CD48. I definitely have PCOS so that also affects my cycles. DH and I are headed to the gym tomorrow to start our workout routine. Need to lose weight too :\

I read in another forum about a girl with PCOS that has been trying to conceive for over a year. she had the hsg done, ovulated like 3 days after and got pregnant right away! it doesnt help you regulate, but it cleans you up, especially if the doctor uses an oil based dye.

Baby dust to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"