Post natal bleeding

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by blinkybaby, Jan 29, 2011.

1. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

I'm 6 days post delivery now, and just wondering, when does the bleeding get lighter? Yesterday and the day before it was lighter and more browny pink, then today it's got slightly heavier again and is more of a red tinge to it.

Because it's got slightly heavier and redder does that mean something bad is going on down there? xx

2. PinkEmily

PinkEmily Well-Known Member

Im nearly 4 weeks post delivery (c-section) and my bleeding seems to be stopping, hopefully! Ive always had quite light bleeding but found it does vary day to day, and the colour changes a lot too. Apparently when you do too much the bleeding goes heavier and redder.

3. fluffyblue

fluffyblue Loving being mommy

Im 2 weeks past delivery and my bleeding goes like a light brown and when I do to much it goes redder and heavier, getting on my wick now !!

4. Tilliepink

Tilliepink Mamma of 2

I bled for 5 weeks and the 2 days after I stopped I started my period. :dohh:

5. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

It's not nice - I'll take that as a sign from my body to stop doing too much then. Thanks girls xxx