Post Natal Depression

Let it be

Reaction score
Hi ya

I've heard that post natal depression can return between 9 and 12 months - has anybody had experience of this?

I had PND pretty bad at the beginning and chose to have counselling instead of anti-depressants and everything seemed so much better apart from the odd down day but I think that is quite normal, but since my LO turned 8 months and hasn't been sleeping for the last month - sometimes he is awake almost all night, I'm just worried that it will return. I think I'm also stressing out because I go back to work in about 8 weeks and if LO is still waking and I'm not getting more than 30 mins sleep at a time I'm going to be shattered and more chance than it returning.

Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble but I feel I can't speak to anyone about this.

Thanks x

I had PND with my second child and wasn't diagnosed til she was 2 years old. Apparently it isn't uncommon to get it later. Having said that, i think sometimes you can feel depressed by lack of sleep which is different cos you only need a couple of good nights and you quickly feel better where as PND can creep up on you and takes longer to go x

Ive juet been diagnoised with pnd and ollie us 9 month my hv said its common because youve been doing everything for them with little thanks (not thats its the babys fault) and also because many times you dont get as much help from family as you did when the little one was just new(though i get as much help as i need im lucky that way)xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->